Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Haha this is a mess but I'm kinda okay with that
Update (12/01/2020): I plan on entering this into the Scholastics comp, so I'd really appreciate constructive feedback in comments and/or reviews. :)

passion primal (republishing for peer review)

31

and it's the halfway points, the gray smudges of chaotic fervor, that confuse me the most. i'm full of thought that goes nowhere but an incomplete overflow of the heart, and i don't know how i'm supposed to use it. there's no name to this overwhelming force of burn and blindness. it's impossible to pin down emotion as it flies around my body, and it leaves behind a beautiful disaster for me to pick up after; a paint-splattered effigy of me.

1

• lochnessie

whoahhhh idk what to say but THIS IS COOL I HAVE WORDS LET'S USE WORDS

• happygiggles

* cough cough* ( don't worry, settle petal, its not covid, its a fake cough for dramatic effect :D ) Ahem AHEM * chokes on water slightly* Did I read that Grab Bag prompt right? Is-Is that THE Anne Blackwood I see credited for one of the prompts? I knew her before she was famous! LOL

In all seriousness though, congrats Anne! I never doubted you, your prompt is son interesting! This piece is also a-ma-zing! You rock! :P

replying: oh my gosh anne,thank you so much.you make me feel so much more confident in my writing<3<3

• intoxicating starlight

Re: My nickname is Waspy, if that's good with you?

• intoxicating starlight

Re: Yes I am here :) I saw your responses from a few months ago just today, and they blessed me in a way I cannot thank you enough for! You are an amazing writer and a fantastic supportive person in the community. Its an honor for you to be so excited about my writing! We should be friends!

• A. Penderwick

This is so poetic! I really love it.
    Also, I thought I'd let you know that I've decided to continue my story, The Calling. That possibility hadn't even entered my mind when I wrote it, but you encouraged me to continue, and I wanted to thank you for that.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

And CONGRATS ON THE GRAB BAG FEATURE TOOOOOO!!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wooowwww! This one is amazing too! And oh-so relatable to me! How is it that EVERY time I come to your page I see a new masterpiece I’ve not read?!
    Re: you’re welcome, Blue. :)

Annnneee! Congrats on getting your grab bag prompt featured!! (oh my gosh this is sooo good!)

• RemovedUser1

Replying: I changed the title to simply “Pigtails.” I always I trouble with titles:)

Aw I like this! " gray smudges of chaotic fervor" soooo good omg!

• CursiveLove

Hello and thank you! :)
    This is a very pretty piece!

• RemovedUser1

Also, I will be posting the first chapter of My Name Is Solona soon, after some revisions! Stay tuned!

• RemovedUser1

Wow, this is picture perfect! It’s so very relatable, at least for me, and it’s written beautifully.
    Replying: Yeah, the things Jesus went through are horrific. My mom once said that if the Bible was made into a movie, it would be rated R. But, thanks for reading my paper! And stay tuned for more!

• erin!

replying: we are one and the same!

Replying: omg thank you you're totally right, i need to add something personal! Also, I will definitely update you. It will be a while—auditions aren't done until the end of the month, and we won't be notified until as late as September 20th, but I'll keep you posted!
    (And as for "fracture a limb", I definitely understand lol)
    Thank you!! <3

• V-Rose

Replying: Yeah. Well, the sharing thought was something that I go through all the time at school. I don't like to waste food but sometimes I don't like food so I give it to someone else. Our principal got really mad at us this past year. I know kids have bad allergies sometimes but friends know what others can have and such.

• V-Rose

Here is Chapter 9 of Never Really Real!

Replying: thank you, luckily it passed without anything much happening.
    Also, this piece is amazing! Beautiful.

• mia_:)

wow! i looooove this!!! ajsdkfalausdcnsuao sooooo good!

I like the painting theme here. Or at least the art theme, if you were going for that. "Grey smudges" make me think of graphite drawings.

• beth r.

I loved this- the words you used are so poetic.
    Re: Thanks for your comments and advice on my piece- I think I got the hang of replying now- sorta

• erin!

the imagery and vocabulary in this is out of this world!

• birthdaycandles

Wow, your writing never fails to amaze me! "it leaves behind a beautiful disaster for me to pick up after; a paint splattered effigy of me." is such a wonderful line. I also love how you started with "and" it just feels like the reader has just walked in on some conversation, and it feels a little bit like eavesdropping lol but I think that's kind of cool!

Re: Also thank you so much for your comment. I've always been a bit insecure about my voice so it took me a lot of recording and rerecording to get it to where I liked it lol (my dog even started barking in a couple of recording), I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :P

wow this piece is so powerful and beautiful.every line is so relatable and 'passionate'.i love it.it kind of stirs up emotions inside of you and thats really cool.

replying: oh thank you so much.that means so much to me<3

• Huba Huba

This piece is really good, and relatable to a point. I'm just wondering though, why did you choose to abandon all capitalization? I don't think that this is your normal style, since I've seen you capitalize in other pieces.