sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

thank you, truly. and: footnotes! also, anticipate something on The Other Place.

two hundred followers and the road here (read footnotes!)

43
“How’s it working out with the writing site?”

“It’s, well,” you chew your lip a bit. “I mean, my most recent piece got six likes.”

She’s silent on the other side of the phone. “Well—“

“But I just started out,” you continue, grimacing to yourself. “Maybe I just need to get the hang of things.”

“Of course,” your friend responds. “Fame awaits you, yeah?”

You hum, refreshing the dashboard another time. Still no red circle in the corner of that black box. “Fame between me and my five followers, yeah.”

“Rome wasn’t built in a day, man,” she shoots back. “Hey, Sunny, I’ve gotta go, but.”

“Oh.”

“But update me, alright?” She’s doing her best to be encouraging, you know. “I know what writing is to you.”

“Okay,” you say. You think: there probably won’t be much to update, anyways. “Thank you.”

///

“You’ve got how many followers?”

“Fifty, dude!”

She lets out an impressed sound. “See? Sunny world domination.”

“It’s just—“

“Yeah?”

You sigh. “I guess it just—it means a lot, to me. I know I’m just writing for myself first.”

“Yeah, I get that.”

“But there’s people who liked my stuff enough to press that button,” you explain, smiling. “It feels good. Like, really, really good. The fact that they cared enough.”

“It must be, yeah? None of our friends are super into poetry and stuff like you are.”

“Yeah,” you sigh, dreamily. “I’ll keep you posted?”

///

“How many?”

“A hundred.”

“Sunny world domination, indeed.”

///

“Somebody wrote that I was a welcoming face in the community!”

“Aw, you’re a household name now.”

“I’m not—I’m not big, or anything, not like some other users, but—“

“But it still feels nice, yeah? The fact that other people mention your name, at least.”

“Mhm,” you click your tongue. “Let me tell you about the friends I have on here, though—“

///

“You’re popular now, dude!”

“You still check my profile? I’m not really as active on there, anymore.”

“But still. Two hundred’s a big number.”

“Ha. I’m psyched about it, too. Never dreamed I’d, well. Yeah.”

“What’re you gonna do to celebrate two hundred?”

You hum. You think, well. They deserve some sort of thank you, don't they? You open up a tab.
so, we’re here now, huh.

once upon a time, 3.5 months ago when i first joined, sunny.v was an overly formal user that seldom commented because, to be frank, she was an awkward and stupidly shy chick. a terror gremlin, if you will.

once upon a time, she had a handful of mutuals and a few handfuls of followers. and now, well. she’s come a long way.

two hundred means a lot to me. i’m not sure why. maybe it’s just because it seems big, and i’d never anticipated on being big. either way, if you followed me on this journey: i’d like to thank you.

not just for your kindness, but for your time and consideration. i looked at every single follower notification and smiled at your username. our paths crossed, virtually, at least, and i’m glad to have you on this journey. whether you knew me when i was a terror gremlin, a minority defender, or a ghost that sometimes checked in to like pieces, you’re here with me now. and for that, i thank you. immensely.

i won’t lie and say that i’m chill about this. i saw 200 and i flipped out, which is to be expected if you know me. i don’t think i’m a very prominent or iconic community member, but 200 pairs of eyes, well. it makes me feel like that’s something, yeah? 

lastly, i’m posting a longer gratitude piece on The Other Place, but i want to say: thank you, to people i consider “mentors”. Anha, Dmoral. and thank you to everyone’s favorite little sister, happy butterfly. she might not know it, but she’s got me pretty far with those little pocketfuls of happiness she comments on my pieces. love ya.

so: thank you for 200. dragon finger dances, and: mwah, dearests.

• August 15, 2020 - 12:37am (Now Viewing)

• spurtsofdarkness

what the actual shit how did i miss this? CONGRATS ASAJKDJJSJKJKSJDJSJSJKK happy two hundred godmother!

• erin!

replying: i know, it's quite frustrating :( i've been thinking about joining prose or another writing website, just because the guidelines feel so restricting, but it took me a while to start sharing my writing so i'm not sure if im ready for another audience.

Replying: omg thank you you're so sweet and yes, the class does mean a lot to me :) I love writing so much--but theater is the only thing that tops it <3 I'm so thankful for you!!

• mia_:)

wowwww that was a hecka long comment! whew! sorry bout that, just wanted u to know how much i appreciate you! <3

• mia_:)

YESSSS MY WRITING SIS!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3 soooo happy for you!!!! wait for it, wait for it . . . *CONFETTI THROW!!!* seriously, sunny, you have supported me through thick and thin and your comments always made my day! i've loved getting to know you on "the other place" and you are definitely one of the most talented, nicest, most scary gremlins i know!! (jk jk ilysm!) like chrys says, you are such a good friend! i think about you even when i'm not online! seriously, here's to 7 billion more bc you're taking this world by storm!!! you definitely are a welcoming face and are a household name! i'm sure almost everyone knows of the fabulous sunny.v! and i'm so lucky to have gotten to have such a special friendship with you!!! <3<3<3 xoxoxoxo *dragon finger breakdances* can't wait to roadtrip with ya!!! <3 mia, your babie :) *mwah*

• pretzel_time

Congratulations!!!!!

replying: ahh thank you so much! your comments are so incredibly nice. and yes, i think ras works as a nickname lol.

darling darling sunny, you're amazing. i knew you'd reach here at some point, honestly your writing is so lovely and so well worded. i'm oddly excited for you and somewhat proud. you've gone so far in so little time, and that's just amazing. well done, chickadee

• Wicked!

200! Congratulations! In the time I've been on wtw, I've honestly never seen anyone rack up followers as quickly as you have :)

• fatpanda

sunny world domination!!!!!!!!! congrats :)))

• asta

omg sunny u deserve it!! wtw icon and the ONLY chainsaw murderer i'll ever respect <3333333333

• Jasmine_K

congratulations omg!!! <3 i can't think of anyone more deserving. sunny world domination :)))

• jyotsna.r.n

long live sunny domination!!!<3 <3 <3

forgot to like this.:)
    also forgot to say that this piece is actualky really cool and somehow really emotional<3

oh my gosh sunnnnnnyyyyy.you are so freaking talented and you deserve all the support that you've recieved.congratulations,im so proud of you.
    also what are you talking about? you are litErAllY one of the bigest wtw icons!,atleast to me:)
    thank you for being so sweet to always and helping along my writing journey.your work has inspired me so much and helped me find my way.i'll always remember you and your work that has sparked so much in my writing.
    also awww my gosh i feel so mushy and squishy.you're so sweet.i'm so happy to be your wtw sister.thank you for mentioning me.and im glad my comments make you smile.

honeatly whenever you like or comment on one of my pieces i freak out.like sunny has deemed my piece good enough with her beautiful talent lol

• elliem

SUNNY SUNNY SUNNY SUNNY SUNNY--(i'll stop now but i'm SO EXCITED FOR YOUUUU)

This is proof that you're the talented lady you are!! Stop doubting yourself, love. You are literally one of the most talented poets I've ever come across, and very inspiring :)

I hope everyone to come appreciates how important you are to this community and how you've inspired and shaped the minds of so many young writers with your pieces. You are so incredible and I'm so, so, so proud of you. <3

• poetri

i knowww i said i was gone but when i heard about this piece i had to say something--so congrats, darling! we both know you deserve this <3 here's to many many more!

• naomi ling

oh, i've waited too long for this day to come. i could see it from miles away. congrats lovely sunny; here's to 200 more. please keep holding a pen for your -- and our -- sakes >;) <3 <3

• spectral

sunny idk how to phrase my brainwaves but omygosh!!! 200!!! simultaneously i can't believe it but also!!! you deserve every one!! your writing is so powerful and articulate but you're so modest and kind about it idk how to properly express my admiration for you so i'll just end it but just congrats on 200!

• waxingcrescents

Wow, congratulations! I haven’t been here for long, but I could already tell you were an icon on WtW. Your pieces are so beautiful! It’s not hard to tell how you got those 200 followers. I hope your day is wonderful and congrats again!

• beth r.

Yay! I'm so happy for you! You are really talented!

• jun lei

luv, you are definitely a wtw celebrity. and i won't lie: you don't deserve two hundred followers. you deserve every. fucking. person. in the world. take sunny world domination to the next level, queen. maybe you're thanking us for tapping that lil green button, but we're thanking you for the honor of reading your goddamn gorgeous writing for fuckin' free. you could charge me twenty five dollars just to read, say, "little girl, lace is your weapon," and i would be more than willing to pay it.

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Oh wow! I just checked it and its equally beautiful. Soon you'll have a new member over there. ;)
    Thanks sunny!

• dovetrees

congratulations!! i love reading each and every one of your pieces, you really do have a talent for writing! here's to the many more followers you'll gain :) <3

• Wisp

Congratulations! You really deserve every single follower. The first time I read your writing, I was literally put to tears. I remember nights on here where I'd go check your account for any new pieces and such. You're one of the sweetest writers on here, and it's amazing to see how far you've come!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Every journey begins with a small step! You've been doing great sunny! :)
    Let the sunshine of your words bright many hearts. <3
    All the best for all your future endeavours! :D

By the way, what's "The Other Place"?

ernlwejrlwkejrewkj CONGRATS WIFEEEE( oop we rlly need to announce that now don't we)
    ahhh anyway prevent the sappiness but god you're definitely one of my closest wtw friends and YES YOU ARE A CELEB NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DENY IT AHHH
    also other place lmaoo

• daylightprisms

this reads like a peaceful, normal conversation but is just so beautiful.
    congrats on 200 followers! i'm new here, but your writing is stunning and you do seem very loved by this community.

• EliathRose

Yay! I'm so happy for you! Honestly, you deserve every single follower you have. Your writing is amazing, and you're probably one of the nicest people I know. <3

• Huba Huba

This piece is so sweet! I like how you made it in 2nd person narration to show us how you feel about coming this far! You've done very well with your 3.5 months here, and I'm currently admiring you a lot!

I'm so proud of you! I can't believe you've been here less time than I have, because you give off the vibe that you've been here forever but don't let it get to your head. I really really look up to you. Love ya, gremlin. <3

Wow. You deserve every. Single. Follower and like and comment sent your way. Really, it is weird to think you joined... well, probably after I did! You are such a presence here. I've always looked up to you like some serene, wise older sister or cousin. It's sad that as soon as I started to be more active, the new policies were put in place and people started to leave—but i could always could on your calm, sweet comments. I wish I could know you better—because I do feel a deep sense of love and appreciation from you and so many others here. You've really become one of my role models, and I aspire to be as good of an author as you are. Its amazing that you have 200 followers—but I'm not surprised one bit :) all my love, <3 Paisley Blue

ASDKFJ;ALDSJF;LASJDKF DSA SUNNY WORLD DOMINATION SDKFJDSFKJDS TWO HUNDRED oml that's so many :'''''). thank you for always supporting me and being SUCH a good friend and inspiration on here. and honestly, here's to a hundred more, sunnybunny!

• inanutshell

omg congrats on 200, you absolutely deserve it! this conversation here even on its own is so heartwarming :")) you've been such an important & inspiring part of wtw, truly thankful for your presence here & anywhere else <3

• ek503

ahhh congrats! you truly deserve your icon status and more <3

omg congrats!! you deserve all the followers. i agree with erin, i can recognize a wtw celebrity when i see one and you’ve definitely become a celeb.

• erin!

congratulations! you may not know it, but you really are a wtw icon. thank you for being yourself and putting it out there for us to see <3

• Dmoral

awww, i'm a mentor? *blushes*
    thanks love, you're the sweetest! and it's no wonder you have 200+ followers, i'm super proud of you! and you have every write to be happy! (i made a piece kinda like this too, when i got 300 the other day). so congrats girl, you deserve and *raises glass* here's to a bunch more!
    xoxo best wishes~

• HelpMe512

Check my newest piece for update on my series :)