erin!

叶安灵 // 16, 2022 // she-her-hers
hey hey

Fun fact: My eighth grade superlative was "Most Studious." I'd let that be my label, but "Erin the Studious" doesn't say much about me.

I know this is more oversharing on the internet. It's my brand. I hope it's at least thought provoking. Have a good day!

x the y

16

So it seems that Chance has figured himself to be a Rapper. Likewise, Tyler knows that he’s a Creator. I mean even Ivan knew he was Terrible and Catherine knew that she was Great. I wish somebody else would slap a label onto me.

Of course, I’ve got labels: my mom would say that I do not need another one. I’m talking about something different. I don’t want to be just Erin the Asian Girl or Erin the Flat Chest or Erin the Firstborn Who Wasn’t A Boy, Which Disappointed Her Grandfather. As you can see, these are not great titles to base your legacy off of.

I guess that the people mentioned above went out and did things with their lives that earned them appendixes to their names. Chance didn’t come out of his mama spitting bars (so I assume). He built himself up that way. I’ve just got to figure out how I can do that for myself.

Who do I want to be, what do I want to do? Without getting so sappy that the internet starts tasting sweet, I want a better life for the little people I’ll be the parent of some day. When I have a kid, it won’t matter if it’s a girl or a boy or if they grow up to be something else. I will love them all the same. 

Some titles I would adore: Erin the Compassionate, Erin the Teacher, Erin the Good and Kind Friend. But I’ve got to earn those.

• August 13, 2020 - 7:52am (Now Viewing)

Why are you so awesome and why am I not following you yet?

• vivin

This was wonderful! I was delighted by your wordplay & thought provoking self reflection.

• Doodleninja

this is so clever, and sincere, and kinda inspiring at the end as well! Super thoughtful insights about labels and titles. Amazing piece! :D

• TwentyOneTimelords

I LOVE IT!!! This made me smile and was thought-provoking, too, so great job on all counts!