beth r.

... just your average teenage writer

UPDATE ON ZOOM CONVENTION!
the amazing Zoe N has confirmed that the admins will not allow it (violates privacy policy)
welp. it was fun while it lasted XD

The Fickleness of My Writing and an Ode to My Two Followers | Throwback, Footnotes!

11
So, I heard about Write the World from my uncle's step mom's niece's dog's neighbor. Kidding, I found it on Google. Anyway, two days ago, I joined this wonderful literature haven. As I went to write my first article, I realized something rather disturbing. I don't have a writing style
On the community feed, there where breathtaking poems that literally made me cry, and made my work look as appealing as school lunch. 
"Why don't I try writing something deep like that?" I said innocently. "How hard can it be?" 
Famous last words.
I tried to mimic the masterpieces on the dashboard by writing an emotional poem about... a semicolon. 
Yes. A semicolon. Surprisingly enough, it got a like and a kind comment. But still, I couldn't help thinking that there are writers producing pieces that touch my very soul, and I'm out here trying to make punctuation touching. 
I moved on, deciding poetry isn't my niche. I turned back to the community feed. There where thrilling, action packed, flash fiction stories that made my heart race. 
"Why don't I try writing something cool like that?" I said innocently. "How hard can it be?" 
Famous last words.
The story I tried to write was so bad, I didn't publish it, because I wanted to spare you all from reading such trash (to put it mildly).
So, I decided to try something different. I started writing pieces that I found sort of amusing. Ones that had attempted wit, and a good dash of pop culture references. Ones that reflected (sorta) on my life. 
And that is my niche.
I think?
Of coarse, when I'm feeling uncharacteristically deep, I'll probably put out a poem about trees or G-d or something. Or if I'm feeling adventurous, I'll write a thriller.
But in the mean time, I'm good with writing quirky pieces.
wow.
ya'll remember when I first published this?
a little over a month ago, this was the second piece I ever wrote on here.
look how far we've come, my dudes!
(also, the opening line of this? gah was i always that cheesy XD)
anyway, i'm gonna keep it short and sweet. 
I love you guys, every single one of you. 
Remember to smile, and thank you all for the support and friendship!
[ " Todd, pass the mint chip. It's time to celebrate!"
   " Get it yourself, ding-dong." ]

• Halopoet

Ok now im gonna be super weird but I LOVE YOUUU. Also im soo sleepy i cant comment on every single one of your posts but i couldnt go to bed without reading them all. I just wanted to tell you that your novel being okay is the greatest thing in the world!

• queenie

also are those last two lines a BoJack Horseman reference? If

• queenie

look who's on their way to becoming a legend! you deserve every follower you've gotten

• Rohan’s Defender

AWWW! YAYAY, BETH!!!! You’ve got over 100! And I hope someday it’s over 10000!!!!!! YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER, AND I PROMISE YOU I LITERALLY LAUGH OUT LOUD AT YOUR PIECES WHICH IS RARE FOR ME!!! CONGRATS! You are so kind, so encouraging, and such a hardcore, diehard, fangirl that can finally give me a run for my money!! You are AWESOME! Ps. Tell Peter hi! ;)
    Re from Zion: “Thank you so much for your comment and taking the time to read my piece! I’m so excited when I’m 13 to be on WtW, then I get to talk to all of you. *sigh* A little over a year. From what reads me, your writing is hilarious! Great job! Peter Parker’s all yours!”

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Wow, you've come so far! Congrats on finding your niche!
    Also, NOOOO! I SAW YOUR MESSAGE BOX AND NOOOOO! I was SO looking forward to a convention...

• Jasmine khawar

Oops! That's long XD

• Jasmine khawar

Someone pass me a tissue please *sniffs* thank you kit kat (my cat)
    You've earned it!! Congratulations! You deserve more than that. when I was sad your pieces made me laugh, your comments made me smile (and that's a big thing!) I wanna to thank you for that. And you're actually talented, it doesn't matter if can't write those "serious pieces" (well I think you can write them too) I even wrote before that you can be a great novelist, cuz the way you describe things, write them so hilariously and beautiful, it's not everyone's cup of tea to make others laugh by only writing some real life experiences. It depends on how you present it to others. And you definitely have that talent <3
    Random thing: I actually liked your semicolon piece, and then you unpublished it!! XD HAHA

Yay! from 2 to your 103 followers you have grown in your writing so much! I love reading your writing-altho i guess i was never following you?! I thought i was! oops XD

• madeline3.14159

Rip the zoom convention!! We will always remember you.

• (sk)eyesofocher

YAAAAAY! *throws mint chip absolutely everywhere* here's to two hundred!
    (and Tell Todd he's the ding-dong lol)

yay!!! this is so happy!!! <3 your writing is always a pleasure to read. make sure to save some mint-chip for me!! :)