Bhavya's Treasure

I'm a being just like YOU yet so different! :)
WtW Big Sis
A Calm Soul
No mad rush
Multilingual
Nature is my breath
Sanskrit- the language of my soul
Currently reading:
Srimad Bhagwat Geeta (Hindi)
Sacred Games

FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Irony | One Line Story

33

A wooden axe chopping off another wood; both crying silently mourning their mocking fates, for how can a child slit its parent's throat? 

The wooden axe was made from the same tree which it was cutting. What an irony! It has symbolism in our lives as well. Think! :)

• storie_bird

Brilliant....this is so strong, and pretty psychological!

Re: By the way, do you have that word - kwomboka - in Hindi languages(I think you have many)?

this is so clever and beautiful and sorrowful! <3

• Chacko_Stephen

That was so brilliant. I loved that!

And, yes, of course, the library is indeed one of the best places, let it be anywhere in the world. And Dan Brown books are a good read, at least personally, they are. Interests might vary with people so, but I think you might like it. At least, you might find some ideas and a lot of information, so. Anyway, I loved this post. It was unique. A very different perspective. That's nice.

Wow. That kinda blew my mind! You're so brilliant XD

• Fernweh

also if you wanna know my real name you can read this earlier piece of mine
    i have been on WtW for quite sometime to be honest <333

• Fernweh

so this is the updated version and in the process of editing the previous one, i lost all the previous likes and comments and i m sad.
    but i hope you can go check this one out and i also wanted to tell you that i m working on the review for your letter to your neem tree.
    and i find it extremely sweet that you have a pet neem tree...um can we have trees as pet? oh well, i find it really endearing!

• Fernweh

heyyy!!!
    so you are like a big sis to me and i would reallllyyyyy love your feedback on this poem i wrote
    i haven't wrote a poem in a long time so i don't know if it's really good or not...

• beth r.

wow, this is great!

• Tula.S

I love this. The phrase "mocking fates" was particularly powerful for me. It makes me want to reread your tiny story over and over again. I also find it extremely compelling how you say "A wooden axe CHOPPING off another wood" rather than "chops," "chopped," or "is chopping." It's so unusual, which is why it draws the reader in from the first moment.

Replying to your comment on Flor africana: truthfully I don't really know why I chose that word. I guess fat implies richness, implies more than what is there. Maybe not. In this case I use it to mean that the wind carries memory. That's what it means for me. As for your other question, it isn't something that actually happened, it's something that should have happened. I never got to say this sort of good bye to my grandfather.

Omg.. How do you even write something like this! Omgggg your such a good writer!

• SamWiseGamjee

Re: Hahaha! Nothing special 1256 just sounds good.

• Jasmine khawar

Re: sure sure sure! XD

• Jasmine khawar

Re: maybe I'll publish someday, next time maybe.
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to do, make people smile! :)

• Century Friend

Wow, what a thought-provoking piece — even in such few words.

• lucifier2001

Thanks for the suggestion Bhavya, I would really look into it and would try to write in the way you told me and let my words do the magic. However, it would be difficult to post something for a few weeks as my exam is coming up, can't get a rest even in the pandemic XD.

Re: I am sorry, I presumed that you would have completed the 7th verse, I gave you the spoiler unwittingly but still, you will find it as beautiful and fresh every time you would read it. So, the first chapter is over and you must have seen the condition seen the condition of Arjun, I used to imagine my self in the place of Arjun when I read it for the first time and some similar arguments would come up in my mind too but the way Krishna changed Arjun's vision in the upcoming chapters is so stupendous to read and feel, I hope you are also considering yourself in the place of Arjun because you will see in further chapters that if you are truly considering yourself in the same scenario, the questions that will come into your minds later would be the same which Arjun will ask Krishna.
    Many monks in ISKCON say that Geeta is majorly an instruction to us by the supreme lord and I felt it whenever I read. Hope you feel the same, it's overwhelming.

Every time your reply comes, it cherishes me. Would like to thank internet and Write The World for giving me someone with whom I can discuss such a great epic book.

Sorry, I am not on Word Press (I have no idea what it is) and I have not much time to hop on some new platform as mentioned above, exams are coming soon. But I would definitely check it out once I am done with the papers.
    Thanks, Bhavya :)

• SamWiseGamjee

Me after reading it for 1256th time.... *just stares.
    Re: Thanks for your comments on my post and also Happy Friendship :-)

• Jasmine khawar

Omg! I'm speechless!
    *claps*

• Poppy.M

This is... ok I have no words it is simply tragically stunning

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Woah...this piece is so short, yet so powerful. I am in awe.
    Also, thank you for your kind comment about my fan fiction. I definitely encourage you to write your fan fiction and tell me the title so I can read it. :)

• lucifier2001

The wooden axe was mastered by the man who holds it which caused it to cut his own parent's throat.
    We should be careful to choose our relations in this cruel world or else it would harm us and our closed ones in the end.

Sorry, I was a bit bust the other day and could not reply to you.
    Have you read the 7th verse in the 2nd chapter, this is my favorite verse in the whole chapter, of course after verse 9 Krishna comes to play and instructs Arjun about the difference between our body and our soul but I think that before the seventh verse, only Arjuna was speaking about his miserable condition, his dilemma, duality, and Krishna were silent for the most part but when Arjun accepted that he cant overcome his mind with his own potencies, he was able to get the full unmatched knowledge from Krishna.
    I love to recite the same shloka every time
    'karpanya dosho upahatta svabhava pricchami tvam dharma sammudh cheta yacchshreyasya nisschittam bruhi tanme shishyaste hum shadhi mam tvam prapannam'

• Aurora26

This piece is such a food for thought. I love it!

Re: Thank you for the beautiful comment!

Wow...this is amazing! I love the irony here, though it is indeed tragic. Beautiful work portraying that.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I’m writing a Hunger Games fan fiction book to publish on here! Chapter 1. will be coming out this weekend (maybe tonight!). Do you have any advice for a beginner like myself?

• JustAnotherDarling

replying: thank you for the very kind words and suggestions - it made my soul sing with joy :)
    also, this line is beautiful but it made my heart hurt - which, I guess, means it's beautifully written. The rhetorical question at the end gave it that extra Oomph.
    (and I know this is getting long but I think it's so cool that you can read in Hindi - my grandparents tried to teach me for so many years, but it never worked :(

• EdilMayHampsen

It's so cool to see something so thought-provoking but still brief.

• Fernweh

This is hands-down so freaking amazing. So powerful and thought-provoking, irony at its best!

• birthdaycandles

Woah, I never would've thought of it like that! That is very ironic! Also, thank you so so much for your comment on my piece! And yes, happygiggles is my annoying little sister <3

replying: thank you so much! also, the other place is Prose. another writing website that a lot of us are on, lol.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

This is so sad yet so powerful! Also, would you happen to have any book recommendations? Similar the The Hunger Games? Just curious.....

Powerful and thought-provoking! I love the beauty and sadness of this one sentence. Gorgeous!

• doodleninja

replying: oh, I'm so sorry XD I don't know if it's my laptop or this website, but sometimes my full comment doesn't show up (it's annoying -.-)

What I MEANT to say: "for how can a child slit its parent's throat?" is such a POWERFUL GENIUS line and I loved the symbolism behind all this and how you captured it all in one sentence as well!

• dovetrees

wow, i loved this! the language is so powerful! i'm going to be thinking about the symbolism in our lives for the rest of the day, haha!