waxingcrescents

"Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle." - Lewis Carroll

oh, to live with friends in a renovated french castle with a labyrinth

i write mediocre poetry about love and other lies

Someone help me with the title. I'm awful at coming up with good ones.

falling in love: the hidden curse (title ideas??)

11

how interesting, dear / i was told i'd fall in love / and i was supposed to be happy about it / but the candles drip low in my chamber / empty but for me / and my tears blot fresh ink on the parchment / detailing everything i wished you'd said /

it wasn't until you that i understood why they called it falling in love / not walking / or jumping / or even slipping into love / because it was not my choice / and now i can't return / and i keep falling and falling / and no one is here to catch me /
I rarely use this style of poetry, so let me know what you think! Watch me turn this account into a bunch of romantic dark academia poems. Just watch me. I'll do it.

1

hey, i've kept an eye on your writing for awhile and it is amazing! even this short piece feels so profound and you must forgive me because i know you wrote this quite awhile ago but i never quite got over it.

if you're interested, i'm an editor in a lit mag that's currently accepting submissions! if you haven't gotten published before, i know it's a little intimidating to go onto submittable and pick mags out to submit, but this mag is run by student writers like you, so i hope we can be at least more welcoming!

if you're interested, here's the link! https://sites.google.com/view/gossamerlit/home?authuser=0 i think we have some pretty cool themes, so check it out if you'd like! wishing you the best in your writing!

• daylightprisms

"but the candles drip low in my chamber / empty but for me / and my tears blot fresh ink on the parchment / detailing everything i wished you'd said" i do adore this style when used well and this poem is proof of that. the imagery that you've used here is so incredibly effective at articulating the feeling of lost love and early heartbreak.

• joella

i mean we stan romantic academia ;)
    "consumed by you like candlelight?" i'm honestly not great with titles either. try woking out the central theme in your poem but rephrasing it as to avoid repitition.