Jo Rejoicing

Homeschooled
Multilingual
Artist
Pianist
Scientist
Reader
Writer
Narnian
Annieran
Redwaller
Joshua 1:9

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us REJOICE and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

My mind is like a good book in three respects: that it is easy to get lost in it; that it has lots of unexpected twists; and that there is never really an end.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Writing Streak | Week 5, Day 2

0
Night falls. 
Stars twinkle. 
The Tree stretches its stiff arms outward, upward, downward. The ancient sage relaxes as the breeze plays with his tasseled clothing. 
The Moon wearily begins the climb up his ladder in the sky, simply to be a mirror to the Sun. Silver light filters through the holes in the Tree's baggy sleeves. 
Silence. 
Time passes. 
Finally, the Moon begins his journey to the other side of the sleeping world. 

Up rises Dawn. She is gentle, bright, joyful. 
The Tree awakens. Light means breakfast. Helping itself to the promising light, it begins. 
It begins the beneficial process of photosynthesis. Dawn soon leaves, wishing farewell to the Tree with a golden kiss. 
Afternoon blazes, strong and proud. The Sun mercilessly burns down on the Tree, and it feels its wrinkled skin beginning to crack. 
Finally, Evening comes. Cool with good intentions. 
The Tree feels at rest, at peace, at ease. 
A gale roars, and the Tree becomes an instrument for the wind. Like a flute, unique whistles resound through the fresh air as the gust has its fun. 

Then Night comes again, and the Tree greets him with open arms. 
The cycle has restarted.  

• August 11, 2020 - 11:11am (Now Viewing)

• RemovedUser1

Wow, this is an amazing piece! I love how you described all parts of the day! And how you italic-ed tree or any of its pronouns:).