waxingcrescents

"Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle." - Lewis Carroll

oh, to live with friends in a renovated french castle with a labyrinth

i write mediocre poetry about love and other lies

If you've ever loved someone enough to write them letters by hand with the knowledge you'll never send them, you'll understand.

letters to you

12
viridian night creeps with silky fingers across the sky
and candle wax d r i p s
thick over the parchment cutting my hands
i am the anchorite of my own mind
and here i will rest in solidarity
if rest ever did so exist
letters to you, letters to you
letters i shall never send
though i write them with careful secrecy
and hope one day i will make
the injudicious decision to send them
So, introduction time. Hey there. ;) I'd love to get to know you if you want to be friends! I don't bite, I promise.

What do you think of this? I haven't a clue whether or not it actually makes sense, so hopefully, it does.

• August 28, 2020 - 2:27am (Now Viewing)

• dovetrees

you write so beautifully! your style just has a charm to it that is so inviting and gorgeous! your repetition, your word choices, your sentence structure, they're all perfect! every single piece of yours i've read has left me in awe because you are incredible! i'm so glad that you joined wtw :,)

• doriangraysbitch

I love this and have been in this exact situation once in my life and I feel like the way you wrote it and the way it flowed really conveyed all that emotion that writing unsent letters has. Could we be friends a repurposed castle in France sounds right up my alley

• EliathRose

Alright, I'm so sorry for spamming you with likes and comments (I'm done now, promise!), but I don't think I can express how much I love your writing. Maybe it's the dark academia vibes that just ooze out of the words -- I'm a sucker for dark academia -- but no matter what it is, it's fantastic.

alright, i'm done spamming now.

• Eblinn

okay this is my third comment but I forgot to welcome you! I'm already amazed by your writing and I'd love to get to know you here on WtW :)

• Dmoral

god your diction is gorgeous !

btw, welcome to WTW! Here's some Tips, Hints, & Other Miscellaneous Things to Know When on WTW: https://bit.ly/2MDNMLV

ahhhh the dark academia vibes are unreal! welcome to Wtw, dear! saw ya followed me, heh, and i came to check you out and was NOT disappointed by the dark academia aesthetic :) if you ever need anything, let me know!! <3

• joella

welcome to wtw! review coming soon :) feel free to ask me any questions you have!

"i am the anchorite of my own mind/
    and here i will rest in solidarity" gahhh what a beautiful and meaningful piece to start off wtw with! i love the dark academia vibes to this- and your imagery is stunning! welcome to wtw, if you have any questions- come on over and say hi :)