wavewriter

Writer
Reader
Swimmer
Pianist

Est. August 2020

"It's not use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." -Lewis Carroll

Hello there and welcome to my writing! I create mainly poetry and short stories, and I hope you enjoy them!

Feedback is always welcome and appreciated, and if you ever need a review, don't hesitate to ask! I love to help fellow writers.

And lastly, have an amazing day (or night!)

Writing Streak Week 5 Day 2- Tree Haiku

Dear little tree that stands in my yard,

It might be a little odd to hear from me. After all, we've never spoken before. But I wanted to tell you something. You, Tree, are one of those friends who will always stay my friend. You're dependable. While I can name tons of friends who make up countless excuses to get out of their jobs, you never do. You stand there, all day, all night, providing shade when the sun shines on you in the afternoon. Remember all those long summer days when the heat was unbearable? You stood there without complaint. Remember the innumerable winter nights when the temperature dropped below freezing? You didn't shiver, not a single time. And remember when someone pulled your branch down and climbed on you as if you were one of those majestic maples? You didn't shriek or lose your temper like I would have. And admire you for that. 
    Tree, you are a great friend. One of the very best. 

Sincerely, 
Me