Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

i've kicked writer's block in the face, now i'm drinking all my musings..

btw, i'm up for title suggestions

forbidden truths we bleed are written by 3am musing

15

our shadows live with personality, do not overlook
peter pan so early; yes, the wise man knows
in them lurks the kindest of all beings, waiting
for their curtain callings. but few dare to speak
with words that'd stretch the space wide enough for
such beings to crawl out from the shadows; yet,
there's always our savior, slam poetry, where
(the one time, we are promised a chance to speak freely).
and if we confessed our sins at church, we'd be damned there
for eternity; no, sunday wouldn't even a fraction of the word
enough - it'd be the space before it. so rearrange the world
and perhaps you'll find your celebration of humanity,
when the shadows allow themselves to fall. mine was as
my lips dripped  the liquidized jolly rancher; two day old mascara
stained my tear-streaked face; and pepsi was spilled
across the living room, leaking in my cracked phone case.
so when your moment comes, make it one of those
red solo cups nights; raise a toast as your daddy did back
in '08, before you were young enough for him to live
freely, little responsibility. and never stop longing
for the days you can have cake for dinner, believe me,
those kinds of days plant seeds of prosperity inside
ever so lovingly. now take your precious petite finger,
carve your letters into the tree beside you (perhaps for a second
you'll think: who gave meaning to the word "the" and realize,
that's the thing, nobody did, nobody blessed us at birth saying,
you'll know things; call it instinct. (he use to do a hell of a job
back when people believed in everything-- but don't let such
thoughts distract you)). and to the generation who survived the
virus & those whose last breath was unexpected: i'll keep you in
my heart, for our celebrations were hidden between fears and
unknownings; mixed in with the fact that we're living in
the very making of history.
oh. my. god. can someone please explain to me, WHAT JUST HAPPENED AAAAHHHHHH. 
to: outoftheblue -- girl, i DID it!!!!!!! there not a single celestial theme/vibe/reference/anything in this piece! and surprisingly, i'm actually quite proud of myself, because this poem isn't half bad. speaking of which--

i've produced something from my writer's block aka writer's block CURED! i did cheat a bit, i cleaned out 85% of the one liners in my notes app, but it took A LOT of brainpower to string them together. a. lot. so i hoped you enjoyed (and bonus points to you for reading the footnotes *claps*). okay, i'm done - sorry for the long footnote - xoxoxo lovelies!

feedback much appreciated! comment below your favorite lines and/or thoughts! if you review, as much constructive criticism as possible please!

1

• ek503

ok so I am currently in a writer's block myself (blame it on school or my laziness or my brain, whichever is fine) and omg this is beautiful. I mean:
    "our shadows live with personality, do not overlook / peter pan so early; yes, the wise man knows / in them lurks the kindest of all beings, waiting / for their curtain callings."
    "few dare to speak / with words that'd stretch the space wide enough for / such beings to crawl out from the shadows"
    "so rearrange the world / and perhaps you'll find your celebration of humanity, / when the shadows allow themselves to fall."
    *bangs my head on a wall to shake up some rusty inspiration*

• dovetrees

i really admire your work so much!! this is so amazing and i'm glad that you managed to reach your personal goal !! :) 'there's always our savior, slam poetry, where
    (the one time, we are promised a chance to speak freely),' this line and the part that follows is so amazing! it's so true and relatable, you make writing look so easy :)

okay okay i keep thinking about this gorgeous line and i cant let it go.i would like to ask you for permission to add it to my message board?
    i would obviously fully credit you because duh
    for example, "so rearrange the world and perhaps you'll find your celebration of humanity" ~dmoral
    i just love it so much.and i dont add quotes that often (as you can see there is only one already)but some lines hit me too hard.please let me know if you are okay with it.thank you<3

"so rearrange the world and perhaps you'll find your celebration of humanity," ughhh soo beautiful.and the way interpreted it(dont know if im right) its so full of hope and optimism to see the good in the world and now i am slowly falling more and more in love with this line.it is definetly me favourite.probably one of my favourites youve ever written.and just the moral and just such a pretty and powerful line to live by klljfhifnfj
    also the rest of the piece is *chefs kiss*

Akshakdhakshaksgskshajahs GIRLLLL this is stunningggg "my lips dripped the liquidized jolly rancher; two day old mascara
    across the living room, leaking in my cracked phone case." Kicking poet's block right iN THE face I see ;)
    "there's always our savior, slam poetry, where
    (the one time, we are promised a chance to speak freely)." GOD GOD this is so freaking beautiful ahjssh I've been obsessed with slam/spoken word poetry and these lines are everything. And what chrys said about little fragments of memories or past lives being strung together into heart stopping gorgeous poetry,,,,

hmmmm... it really did take me awhile to piece together what was really happening in this piece, but gosh, that message and theme and generation and d;afjkd;ljd;lj it's really amazing. and the fact that this is from 'i' to 'you' just makes it much more powerful, like addressing every person in the crowd as an individual. it's like the lovely fragments of something pieced together to form something stunning as a whole too. there's probably so much i'm missing here, so i'll reread, but favorite lines i think: "(the one time, we are promised a chance to speak freely)." i think the build up to this line is exquisite, and it really was difficult to choose a single favorite line. additionally, that peter pan line also stuck out to me. can i also mention that the 'tone of voice' this piece uses is just fricking amazing. like goddddd i gush.

WOOOOOOOOO YOU DID IT!! way to overcome poet's block and that personal goal of no celestial themes and such. this was so so amazing, and huehue love this!

• waxingcrescents

This piece is stunning! I feel like I can't even comprehend it all in one go. I love how you split each thought between lines. Your voice is unique and beautiful, and unlike others I've seen thus far. I especially love the lines ". now take your precious petite finger,
    you'll think: who gave meaning to the word "the" and realize,
    you'll know things; call it instinct."

Wow. How can someone even think something so jaw-droppingly gorgeous, nevermind construct it in a way that is so breathtaking? You, my dear, are going places.

• waxingcrescents

Reply: thank you so much for your sweet introduction and tips & tricks post! I found it very useful.

this is so amazing!!!!! I have no words to describe this! I love basically all your phrases in this poem...
    for their curtain callings.
    ^^^
    tHiS is a whole new level of amazing!! I love this so so so much!!!

• joella

oh my goddd i missed you! your work is incredible, as always...two months worth of it to catch up on <3