Theo_13

Hey ya'll.
Ah, I'm a proud filipina, 13, I'm a thespian at heart, and I (obviously) write. Love Steinbeck.
...
Have a wonderful day, ok

Please, be honest with your reviews. Please.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks.

dust-storm

It's just a little dust. Maybe dirt, some wind. I peered out the window, sittin up, legs crossed on the old stool, some brown-blurred headlights flying by. I lost interest, head hung back. It just didn't have the calm of rain, nor the magic of snow.
Still, yeah, this storm was tamer than both. It don't flood, don't freeze. 
No man gets spooked when there's a dust-storm, them just drive home a little quicker.
Nobody cares. But when rain or snow comes to town, we care. Ought to, especially if wes spooked.
Slipping on headphones, I longed for rain.

Words: 99 

• Harzi

ahhh omygosh why have i read this just now? the glimpses from the narrator's mind and the descriptions were enticingly complementary. wonderful writing and i absolutely love your style here! <3

replying (after ages, sorry): thank you! as to why she's dying, i think it's part of the mystery in the story haha. btw, it's nice to know another filipina around here :)

• aloeg

the descriptions are great, and the character of the narrator comes through strongly through the way they're commenting on the weather. great piece! :)

oooh i absolutely love the language in this! it gives such a lovely charm and personality to this piece! wishing you best in this competition, absolutely love this~