Eblinn

Belgium

currently
16
indecisive
writing
reading
drawing?
likes making
friends :)

Books I have wrapped my heart around:
°The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
°The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
°Life of Pi by Yann Martel

are you a poet?

17
Are you a poet?

You might be if you suffer from any of these symptoms:

- you spend an unnecessary amount of time scrolling on the internet, coming across deep life ramblings, quotes once written by already established poets, tons of writing advice and book recommendations and anything that looks pleasing to your mind yearning for aesthetic

- you experience moments and instead of living them as they happen, you feel excited about having something to write about when you're alone again

-you submerge yourself in random subjects you come across, as a result having an extent database of totally unrelated knowledge in your brain you can astound your dialogue partners with at any given time

- you dwell on songs in your bedroom at night, wishing you were wandering in the moonlight while smelling roses in the mysterious garden where you'll definitely meet a person who's about to change your life forever

-you often stare out of the window (or into nothing in particular), zoning out in your own little dreams and not paying attention to the earthlings surrounding you

- you wish to be apart of a secret organization whose sole activities conclude contemplating life together, discussing poetry and learning ancient languages, and mysteriously disappearing into the woods at night, only to become the talk of the day when rumor has it an accident has happened 

- you collect words as if they were cards, carefully storing them in the album inside of your mind or in your notebook

- you have the urge to describe mundane activities in your life as dramatic events, of course using your extensive vocabulary, to your surrounding human beings, pets or yourself

-you are in awe of poetry and get frustrated about how many works there are in this world and how you'll never be able to read them all 

-you write... on paper, digitally, or in your mind, doesn't matter which

-you taste the word poet on your tongue and you feel the thought of it alone make you excited about what life has in store for you

is being a poet just a hobby, or is it a lifestyle? 

• Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;)

XD I LOVE THIS! I'm going to write a review RIGHT NOW!

"you experience moments and instead of living them as they happen, you feel excited about having something to write about when you're alone again" ahahahh i feel super called out. have you seen dead poets society?
    also ooh- i LOVED life of pi- especially the discourse around faith and religion.

• Karma's_Coming

You didn’t have to call me out like that. Even if I don’t exactly consider myself a poet. I really like this writing style though. It’s very tasteful.

this is all SO relatable to me, especially the second one and the one about wishing you were part of a secret society! dead poet's society is one of my favorite movies and i'm pretty much constantly wishing i could gather in a cave in the woods with my friends and do poetry readings.

• Doodleninja

yes yes YES. I love this, this is such a clever, amazing little piece! I love how you mentioned the quest for "aesthetic", it's a never-ending hunt.
    And describing mundane activities as dramatic events, I mean, you know me XD

• waxingcrescents

Reply: thank you so much for your incredibly kind comments on my pieces! Lovely to meet another admirer of dark academia. Yes, I'll hopefully see you around, and happy writing! :)

• waxingcrescents

This was so relatable and now I'm wondering if all poets share the same mind.
    "anything that looks pleasing to your mind yearning for aesthetic" wow you really went for me there. Aesthetics make me feel like a secret romantic writing love poetry to people who will never read it.
    "you dwell on songs in your bedroom at night, wishing you were wandering in the moonlight while smelling roses in the mysterious garden where you'll definitely meet a person who's about to change your life forever" If this isn't me--
    "you wish to be apart of a secret organization whose sole activities conclude contemplating life together, discussing poetry and learning ancient languages, and mysteriously disappearing into the woods at night, only to become the talk of the day when rumor has it an accident has happened" every dark academic and fan of the dead poets society is quaking. I love love love this one. Honestly, I'd comment on each of these, but I don't want to leave you with a ten-mile long comment. Thank you for this wonderful and relatable piece!

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Yup, I can definitely relate -- this pretty much encapsulates me lol. :)

• Theo_13

Yep. Very True. Especially that part about explaining mundane tasks as dramatically as possible.
    Like, The fingers clacked down, on the keyboard, hard. My fingertip collided with the pad, initiating the "Post Comment" button on a screen of colored lights.

This is absolutely lovely and incredibly accurate

• mia_:)

beautiful! haha i am definitely a poet! :D