Bhavya's Treasure

I'm a being just like YOU yet so different! :)
WtW Big Sis
A Calm Soul
No mad rush
Multilingual
Nature is my breath
Sanskrit- the language of my soul
Currently reading:
Srimad Bhagwat Geeta (Hindi)
Sacred Games

Trees are our source of breath, of nourishment, of life!

Challenge Completed! | Metaphor for Trees

For those who always stand tall smiling at us through the wind.

• DAY 1
Blooming alchemists with tiny green cauldrons sipping and stirring carbon dioxide while warmly wafting clear strands of oxygen!

• DAY 2
Succulent tentacles swollen profusely with soothing jelly, thorny soldiers guarding patiently, recruited at the periphery.
~ /Aloe Vera/

• DAY 3
A thin withering stick's dehydrated tongue pleading the heaven's brink for a few drops of Mercy!
/For the trees surviving somehow in droughts./

• DAY 4
Beautifully distorted cylindrical blades slicing the proud wind sharply in halves!

• DAY 5
Here are my three takes:
  • This lover of Earth will die if pulled away from her embrace.
  • Millions of leafy eyes of the night sky's true lover stargaze unblinkingly from dusk to dawn.
  • Faithful kids of Earth grip their mother till their very last breath! 

While responding to this challenge, I came up with a one line story on trees. Check it here --> Irony :)

• acrosstheuniverse28

Love this, such beautiful imagery and metaphors!
    Re: Thanks for the comment! And no worries; I totally get taking a break for a while XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: hi! Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I’ve only got 2 more chapters in the fan fic! I’m going to be sad when it’s over. But I’m glad you’re feeling better! We’ve missed you here! Thank you again!

Hey! I need some help! I'm stuck on the novel writing competition, and I need some opinions! I would love if you could give this a read!

Was I close with yours? :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hi! I wanted to stop in and say hi to my wonderful older sister! How are you doing? I hope everything is well with you!

Re- I'm so sorry for such a late reply!!
    Haha, yup Haymitch will be Haymitch. :D Thank you so much! You're so amazing!
    Oh god!!!! Shoot! No that was not on purpose! aha omg, but when I looked it up on the internet it didnt correct me:\ that's weird but thank you for the correction! :)

• rising_bd

Re: thanks Bhavya, I got my first word in Hindi panjo ke bal chalna ... Hehe!!!
    And yeah, climate change is soaring ....sth to stop this is necessary for sure!! I recently read about the situation in Delhi... pollution is intense, idk what we should do!

• Tushar Mandhan

Re: so to keep that sense of mystery, I can't tell u what feeling inspired me to write the poem XD but ur guess was wrong.

• Tushar Mandhan

Re:
    'blue' is my colour.....it somehow is an important aspect of my life. It is a calm colour that symbolizes stability and wisdom. Greeks believed this colour wards off the evil eye. Then we have phrases like 'feeling blue' and 'out of blue.' Isn't it amazing? Apart from that, I love using symbolism from my personal experience and 'blue' is very important for me.
    Birds symbolize freedom and island symbolizes isolation but even in that isolation i don't have freedom. Plus an island is surrounded by ocean. If observe, an island is a piece of land between blue sky and ocean. I explained tooo much but I hope it helped.
    I know Sanskrit and there is something about dead or rare languages. I want to learn Greek, Hebrew etc etc. See you can never expect 'the rock' to do a role that demands him to portray an emotional range and even if he did sign up such role, u wouldn't be able to accept it. Whereas no matter what role actors like Jake gyllenhaal and Joaquin Phoenix do, u'll be intrigued to now about it. Because they do not disclose themselves to the world, hence they portray a wider range and perform it with conviction.
    Hence the title was in greek, so either u'll be intrigued to know why it is in greek and read the poem or u'd do the hardwork and try to translate it on ur own. XD
    First poem's title means 'I did something wrong' and second poem's title means 'back to November.'

Hey, part six is out! :D

• Tushar Mandhan

Thanks a lot!
    Argh....I wrote the poem when I was really depressed so.......i agree God always helps us but u know I just word vomited.

• AJ - Izzy

This is absolutely gorgeous, wow, the imagery!!! It's this beautiful canvas, full of colour, ah, I love it so much. Amazing, amazing, amazing! :))

Re: Anytime, dearest! and thank you :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: thank you so much on both pieces! So yes, the Ballad is the HG prequel. I liked it, but I didn’t LOVE it like I did HG. And haha, yeah, my Sonic adventures.... XD

I love the first one! It's so clever and really has such a cool imagery! (I'm imagining trees bending over a pot like the witches in Macbeth).

how do you write this beautifully?!
    Re- Thank you so so so much! That makes sense! I think I will be doing longer pieces from now on!

oh wow. these have so much fire and spirit in them and i love all of them! i think day 5 is my absolute favorite, tho.... <3

• JustAnotherDarling

my goodness, your descriptions are astounding! hands down my favorite line is: "Succulent tentacles swollen profusely with soothing jelly"
    Re: BAHAHA I'm not too much of a fan of candy either - I'll stick to chocolate ;)
    and yes, totally - Liam needs to run over to a drug store and buy himself a roll of bandages.... wait oops - he's broke :o
    and I'm so glad you liked the little story clip <3 I'm not too sure I'll write more, but maybe on a rainy day....

re: hello! they are no longer on the site because of some complicated circumstances that led to their unfortunate removal, yes.

• Brielle P. Chor

Replying: I do like the effect that 'pencilled' has, mainly due to its sound (which really resembles actually drawing/writing with a pencil). It also has this faint connotation to it, like a very light graphite marking. I suppose you could say I do like the word quite a bit!

• Brielle P. Chor

Replying: You could think of it that way, except I do think the last line renders the situation more hopeless. The girl actually sees herself as estranged from her family members, and seems as if she would rather be freed from the pain of a loveless home. However, she also does wish to reconnect with her father and mother. The last line, of course, dashes most of her hopes, for it seems that her parents both don't care. Thank you for giving my piece so much thought! :))

• RemovedUser1

Oh, I like these!
    Replying: So, no, I’m not finished with my book, but I am a quarter of the way through! I’ll be posting it soon! And, thank you so much for commenting on my other pieces!

• Dmoral

no need to make a post, just by commenting you've "joined unofficially" ;)

• Fernweh

quite*

• Fernweh

re -
    i just published another piece for the competition, it's actually a revised edition of the previous and i'm quiet happy with the title i have come up with.
    hope you can check it out -