aosora

United Arab Emirates

meet me there someday

don't swallow gold. i have two tablespoons of sorrow.

i listen to ballads at 0.25x speed and forget what existing tastes like

36

when I revisit the cozy corners of 
abandoned minds     a sweet little
memory slips through the crevice
like unsettled bluebottles on 
stagnant midnights     they carry
the weight of being fiercely young
and     slow dancing in empty
classrooms bathed in green generator
lights     my heart does not race like
it used to     death to growing pains,
the buckled knees crying     I am 
a patron saint of making memories
on hidden staircases     in plain sight,
I cease to breathe     muffled flames
kissing gas stoves into oblivion    
doe-eyed you so stinging     I think I
have almost forgotten you     and the 
gaping space leaves no room for 
sorrow     some baggages are best left
unclaimed     you feel a lot like driving
in the middle of Dubai     skyscrapers 
clinging to lost limbs     so untouchable
so extravagant     so worlds apart
when the twilight in bold inky skies
will pull tethered moonlight into this 
empty ocean     I will sink all toes 
in chilly sands     I will listen to the
wind     and I will set old bones
on fire

if there is two of you inside that paper body; tear it apart. it is monsoon season, make paper boats. float that infant skin. whisper prayers. will for it to stay. watch the water swallow your yellow boots. sing to me of your mistakes. 

• August 14, 2020 - 8:20am (Now Viewing)

frickin heck i had this bookmarked for such a long time I'M SO SORRY. i always feel like i've not enough expertise to properly comment on your work. a lot of your pieces have this wonderfully vague and sorrowful feel. your imagery fits perfectly to tone, and it's muted in a way that feels like something abandoned. this is probably the most poetic thing i've read, and i always find myself coming back to you. the way you've woven together all these "literally detached" pieces of memories (perhaps?) is absolutely breathtaking, and you're able to create something completely unique from them. footnotes are delightful and complements the piece so well. lovely work! <3333

this piece feels exactly like how it feels to get off an airplane into some city's airport so late at night that all the restaurants and gift shops are closed, and looking out the window at the city and feeling so melancholy and nostalgic and dream-like and lonely all at once. that's what it reminded me of as i read this. i just adore this so much, it's so lyrical and fantastically written!

"some baggages are best left
    unclaimed you feel a lot like driving
    in the middle of Dubai skyscrapers
    clinging to lost limbs" god there's something so beautifully reminiscent and real about your prose. this piece, it's like memories but intertwined with the sort of big picture declarations that are such a joy to read. also the footnotes being this beautiful is a downright crime.

• Century Friend

Oh my gosh, every line in this piece is just bursting with meaning. The entire poem is so perfectly and beautifully crafted. I couldn't quote a favorite line without quoting the whole thing :)

• EliathRose

Ugh, even the footnotes are poetic. This is so beautiful!

• Chase Gillespie

Great poem, people can look at it in so many different ways that makes it so great!
    keep it up!

• Ahsan Nizaam

WOW!!! Just wow. 'I am
    a patron saint of making memories
    on hidden staircase'
    This is what synched to me the most

• mia_:)

so good! also, i have never seen someone write such deep footnotes! i am in love with your work!!!!! :D

• ek503

"so worlds apart / when the twilight in bold inky skies / will pull tethered moonlight into this / empty ocean" Oh wow I love these lines, and this entire poem is just wonderful. And the footnotes! Beautiful.