bellairet

Asian

also on prose: bellairet
Good Morning, even if it's night

Keep on keeping on.

And Then We Were Lost

The year that quivered on the edge of an era—that was the year that everything left. 
    First it was the leaves, dropping from their temporal tethers. Then, the sun, dipping lower each day until one morning, it vanished. And finally, it was the people. One by one, filing out of our lives with oblivious smiles. 
    Without them, the town withered. Silence hung in every street, clinging sticky to our backs. The sky seemed even grayer than usual, somehow. 
    While it rained, we stood in the graveyard, reading epitaphs in a language we no longer knew how to speak. 

oh my gods what was i DOING never having read your work before

So I realized that I'm not following you and decided to remedy that immediately

• Century Friend

This has such a distinct mood to it, that I can't quite put into words. I fell into the story right at the first sentence. And the end is the most beautiful part — "While it rained, we stood in the graveyard, reading epitaphs in a language we no longer knew how to speak." It just gives off this air of being lost (like the title), and trying to hold onto something fleeting, and it felt so human.

Aw thank you!

wow! This is gorgeous and chilling. I can feel a prickle on my back, the feeling of being completely alone. Wonderful job!!!

Beautiful!