bellairet

Asian

also on prose: bellairet
Good Morning, even if it's night

Keep on keeping on.

And Then We Were Lost

The year that quivered on the edge of an era—that was the year that everything left. 
    First it was the leaves, dropping from their temporal tethers. Then, the sun, dipping lower each day until one morning, it vanished. And finally, it was the people. One by one, filing out of our lives with happy smiles. 
    Without them, the town withered. Silence hung in every street, clinging sticky to our backs. The sky seemed even grayer than usual, somehow. 
    While it rained, we stood in the graveyard, reading epitaphs in a language we no longer knew how to speak. 

• dovetrees

this is amazing! the last sentence is so effective and sad, along with the imagery that really does set the mood!

• ect.13

Love this! The last sentence is amazing, especially. And the first one. And all the ones in the middle too :) I love the natural, delicate feel to it. It's so beautiful to read - good luck in the competition!

Replying: thanks for the feedback :)

Replying- Thank you soo soo sooo much! That helps!

• Jo Margaux

Great job! I love the title!!

Oh my gosh!! I love the way you wrote this. Like this sentence especially " Silence hung in every street, clinging sticky to our backs."