spectral

黃愛莉
help girl, i feel a different heartbeat inside my chest.
50~ Sept. 2020

us bitter shamans of ink and spell

11
by candlelight, crush your broken heart between fingertips/with the blood of your lovers but the tears of your sorrow/carefully, carefully/with the crackle of the fireplace/dip your pen in and write/revenge may be sweet/but its a swift poison/draw it out/letter by letter/all the more savory/oh, it's witching hour, alright/play those heartstrings like ukulele chords/
/well, writers may be dreamers/and dreamers might forgive/but who said they forget?/who said they forget/try to charm me with your words/enchant me with your smile/oh, did it hurt when you fell from olympus?/no, darling/it'll hurt when i sent you to hades/
*insert evil witchy writer vibes*
idk i wanted this to be longer but my brain doesn't work. technically flash fiction, under 100 words.
might be my curtain call here. i don't know. im getting serious doubts about staying, but who knows. if it is, you guys know where else to find me.

1

• BlueOwl

Replying: I think you have to wait a few hours for the review to get through! It varies from review to review, I guess

oh my gosh oh my gosh this deliciously beautiful.every line fell from heaven.darling your work is crazy beautiful.i just aspire to write like this.
    "oh, did it hurt when you fell from olympus?/no, darling/it'll hurt when i sent you to hades/" jkudgdjjfk
    darling you are one of my favourite writers and such an inspiration,just a queen.i dont have prose.if you leave i'll cry,don't do this to me<3
    ahhhh i freaking want to swallow this piece

• waxingcrescents

Woah. I love this piece so much! The witchy aesthetic is really powerful and makes this piece shine. I especially love the line "revenge may be sweet/but its a swift poison/".

• Century Friend

Such vivid images. "crush your broken heart between fingertips... dip your pen in and write" — that really is what writing feels like much of the time, and I love the way you depicted it.

• A Rose

Florence and the machine vibes

• naomi ling

oh no, not spectral too!!
    it's almost ironic that my hiatus ends just as others are up-and-leaving. if you go, though, i'll see you elsewhere perhaps? glad you're doing well either way <3

"dip your pen in and write/revenge may be sweet/but its a swift poison/draw it out/letter by letter/" ahhh i def get witchy vibes from this poem, you've used gorgeously well-placed imagery, i esp love the ukulele line!
    (also- nOooo ahhhh you'll be on prose, i'm assuming but i'll be quite sad to see you go, if you do :/)