sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

throw it back now y’all

light through yonder window

12

the sun the sun the sun bearing down on bare shoulders and spilled rum
i ponder closing my eyes to rid myself of the vision of you and yet
i still see you in my dreams, nonetheless nonetheless nonetheless
if night cannot shield me from your light, then what else shall save me now?

let me burn let me burn let me burn
tilt the glass back and let me yearn
press a chaste kiss to the waning arm’s bend
seek solace as a means to my ends
-title from romeo and juliet! i just know the crowd is booing me right now and all i’ve got to say is yes i am an enemy of the state and i feel like zero amounts of shame for probably everything
-uhh hello naughty children? i’m being more active, so. yay! please come say hi if i haven’t met you yet! also i’ve got a milestone coming up so if u wanna give me tips as to how to make a post for yknow wink wink wonk wonk help a lady out and ;) ;) gimme some tips ;)

• August 5, 2020 - 5:49pm (Now Viewing)

this was awful please dont look at it im just keeping this published for the footnotes

• elliem

SUNNY I'm late to this piece so pardon moi but I love this so much! Your use of repetition sounds like an echoey chamber and it's so pleasing to read! I love the allusion to Romeo and Juliet, and congrats again on 200 followers! (I'm still proud of you teehee). Your rhymes towards the end flowed so well and were so nice to read.

• dovetrees

the repetition in this piece is so effective!! 'if night cannot shield me from your light,' is amazing! i really really love this, as always you've created something beautiful!
    (also, i am so happy to see you active again!!)

"if night cannot shield me from your light, then what else shall save me now?" *gasps* this line is so breathtakingly beautiful.lovely piece as always.the whole vibe of it is just so pretty .
    *also me being super happy that youre active now!*

this is SO melodic, reading it aloud is almost like singing- i almost feel like it might be written in iambic pentameter? but i'm not smart enough to tell lol. and whoa congrats on the almost-milestone! i'm definitely not the person to ask for ideas but i would suggest that, whatever you choose to do, maybe you could write like a normal poem or prose piece and then have whatever you choose to do to celebrate in the footnotes, to avoid the admins? agree with naomi ling that you're such a friendly face in the community, you deserve all your followers!

• naomi ling

i adore the repetition here & i'm getting sweet and nostalgic feels here. this is gorgeous. (and can we talk abt ur milestone???? hmmmm poem format could work for a q&a etc etc)

and thank you for welcoming me with open arms here. i truly stuck around wtw bc of fellow writers like you. (and ur food pics ngl...) you're truly an inspiration

• ek503

Beautiful. I loved rereading that last stanza over and over again because of how lyrical the syllables and rhyme sounded :)
    And early congrats on your milestone! You'll probably come up with some genius idea anyway, but maybe you could do a new q&a format? (not sure how it would work, though... maybe a poem?)

• books4life

Hi! Yay, I love this piece, it's really good :)