Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Submitted!

Together In Insanity

There's a commotion behind me as someone trips over a case of water bottles.
    "Move it!" Blue-clad soldiers push him into line next to me.
    He looks up, and I startle at my best friend's face. No. He's supposed to be home with his family.
    "Ronan! I thought you'd be safe from this!"
    His voice is ragged with fear as he replies, "We just wanted to buy some bread..."
    A soldier shoves him violently into me, silencing us. Once he passes, I grab Ronan's hand, silently promising I'll stay. Even when all hell breaks loose.
95 words

• ~Zoe N~

Replying: Thanks for telling me about how to reply, I'm new to this website, so yeah, I have been trying to figure everything. Thanks

• RemovedUser1

Wow, this is very action-packed! Great job!
    Replying: Yes, and I loved your all-caps comment :)!

• AbigailSauble

Good, strong image here! I can feel the MC's startle at seeing his best friend.
    Keep on! God bless!

On getting 100 followers? Ty!

• Lights.B (#holidayvibes)

I enjoyed reading this a lot! Good luck for the competition :)

• beth r.

The emotion in this piece tho... omg i can't
    replying: thanks so much for the comments!

Thanks Anne! Ahhh please ignore that message to readers! I was feeling super crappy, and I totally regret writing it now...

• serotonin

i came to say that i posted the "other version" of Three Forevers, but i can't not comment on this:

it's positively heartbreaking. your portrayal of emotion is on point, and i love the final image of hand-holding (kind of reminds me of Boy in the Striped Pajamas's last scene). great work :)

• V-Rose

Death's Tales has another chapter!

• birthdaycandles

Awh, this is so interesting, even to the details of it being a case of water bottles Ronan tripped on, it really helps set the scene! Best of luck with this in the competition! Perhaps you could maybe write a part 2 to this after the competition is over? I’d be intrigued because this piece just leaves me with questions, which flash-fiction is supposed to do! But I’d just love to get to read about these characters again :) Completely up to you, but if you ever think of lengthening our this story, let me know! I’d love to read it!

• Bhavya's Treasure

In Insanity sounds so good!
    It's an intriguing piece with a strong savage voice delivering Hope at the end! Loved it.

Re: Thanks for the lovely comment Anne! :)

• mia_:)

replying: me too!! ik i wouldn't say my city on the internet, but we hafta be so close!!! argh curiosity!! so, my guess is we live around 2-3 hours away from each other :) you said you live in norcal, right?

Re: Thx! Your comments are always appreciated and mean a lot <3
    I love watching this piece evolve from its first draft! So good :)

• erin!

replying: oh my! we've been having some funky rain from the tropical storm and its aftermath, but it thankfully hasn't been that hot

LOL It's so funny you noticed! Yeahhhhhh I go on following sprees lol, and since I live in Sydney, I decided to find people on WtW who have Sydney in their names :')

lovely piece. this is so vivid i can almost hear the "ragged" in Ronan's voice when he's tugged away. the desperation simply seeps out of this piece and my heart's close to racing. good luck in the comp!
    replying: adksjhadslkjhfd i did not regret googling it. thank you for that!

• erin!

replying: haha, i'm not that awesome, but you are and thank you!

This piece stuns me every time. I love it so much! I like how you clarified it a little more.

okay im back.i wrote that disgusting comment while starting a movie so i didnt have time to try to explain what i meant.and noone deserves a comment like that.
    this edited version kind of shows what Ronan is to the author.so you can kind of delve into their world.and sympathize with them.saying that he is her/his bestfriend adds a lot more emotion and connection i guess.does this make sense? idk anywayssss

oh yes this is really more clear than the last,also getting to know the characters more:)i like it alot