Rohan’s Defender

Writing my own trilogy!
She
14
Homeschooled
Girl Scout
Equestrian
Favorite songs: “Safe and Sound”,
“Eyes Open”, and
“Gone” based off HG!
My puppy’s name is Pippin
The Lord of the Rings
The Hunger Games
# Peeta Mellark :)

This was just an idea I had for fun. Any other title suggestions? Anything to add? Thanks! I’d love some reviews!

My Friend

2
     The last chapter. The last page. The last sentence. The last word. Nothingness.
    Empty. That’s how I feel. Staring at the wall. It’s over. My beloved friend made of yellowed paper and swirling ink, I have completed our journey. Through challenges and struggles, the battles we endured have finally led to victory. I’ve laughed right along with the characters, cried with them too. Swollen with anger, deflated with disappointment, shocked and awestruck, I’ve traveled the sea of words to find the long awaited ending. My heart still pounds, my eyes see nothing else but the world I hold in my hands. Laying your rough covered body down on the chair, I stagger into the kitchen to get a drink, something to help me as I clear my head. I am done, my dearest companion, with your story. But I cherish your careful tale, and I shall not forget. And I know I will find another. Another friend, another of the adventure filled texts to begin a long journey with, a new tale. I am hungry for more plots delicately woven from common language. I need  you. I want more. More of these beautiful creatures called books.

• August 4, 2020 - 5:56pm (Now Viewing)

• bellairet

Ah, books... this feeling is so real :D The beginning is very good at hooking you in. I also really enjoyed some of the language in the beginning:
    "My beloved friend made of yellowed paper and swirling ink, I have completed our journey." and also
    "Swollen with anger, deflated with disappointment, shocked and awestruck, I’ve traveled the sea of words to find the long awaited ending."
    And I love the phrase "careful tale"! Overall, great piece! I enjoyed reading it.