løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

she/her | INFJ-T | ravenclaw
---
daughter of hades and persephone
hopeless romantic
theatre kid
tennis & kpop
soprano
---
black lives matter.
you are valid.
---
also known as aftergløw [#words]

work-in-progress! tell me what you think and suggest some flowers i should add! <3

update: school and life are catching up to me; i'm still going to be on semi-hiatus for a while. i'll mostly be republishing old pieces. have a nice day! :)

if flowers were people

31
rose
no one realizes how much the rose can hurt until her blade sinks in. crimson is her favorite color; so she covers her well-concealed thorns with it. she'll wear cocktail dresses and hide daggers in the sleeves of her cardigan. she'll brandish her petals coyly and stride about in stilettos. "im beautiful and flourishing," she'll murmur quietly, with a small smirk, "but while they're admiring my petals, they've forgotten all about my thorns."

chrysanthemum
sugar-sweet but has monsters within. bold and outgoing, loves to mix and match. usually seen in bright, happy places, but every once in a while she'll dress in white and attend funerals and mourn quietly with the others. "no one can ever pronounce my name," she'll complain. "so i just force them to call me chrys."

aconite
openly malicious. dear, dear, we've told her not to be so sadistic. but she'll cackle and wait patiently for a naive little child to come, to admire her violet frocks. there's nothing she wishes more than to have her deadly poison kill as quickly as possible. "take me home, little girl," she'll whisper, "the queen of poisons is waiting."

wisteria
beautiful but deadly. she doesn't need allies; she spreads quickly, leeching off of others and causing destruction. you can admire her and compliment her thin lavender dress, but don't try to provoke her; she doesn't hesitate to strike. her most dangerous weapon is her core; once darkness consumes her, there's no escape. she'll dust off her hands, scoff, and say, "they had it coming."

sunflower
cheerful and constantly seeking light in the darkness. sporting yellow suits and a big smile. follows the sun during the daytime, and gazes at the east at the nighttime in anticipation for the glowing orb of radiance. loves children. "light will only shine the brightest in the dark!" he'll say with a grin.

snowdrop
heroically thriving. petite, but with overwhelming potential. able to thrive in the hardest, coldest, and most back-breaking times. never gives up despite pain or hunger. usually pushed to the side so others can soak up the spotlight. "small as i am," she'll say, "im tougher than they are."

dahlia
elegant, graceful, and with unwavering dignity. able to keep long relationships stable, but sometimes her pride can cause problems. wears layered dresses in vivid colors, and is happy to admit she is the belle of the ball. with a small smile she'll advise, "words will only hurt if you let them. be strong."
if you've made it this far, congrats! i give you a hearty back-slap! (jkjkjk) shoutout to chrysanthemums&ink's profile pic for sparking this piece's central idea XD in order to help readers understand the references and symbolism i put into this piece, i will explain what i've been visualizing in the paragraphs below:

rose: for me, the rose has always been kind of cliche. however, the thorns she brandishes are one of the most defining features she has. i wanted to paint a picture of the rose being all captivating and alluring, innocent and naive, kind of like the "dumb blonde" stereotype. but as her wooers near, she'll turn against them and reveal her thorns, because while everyone is all caught up on her face and body, they've forgotten that yes, she has feelings, and yes, she can strike lethally.

chrysanthemum: the chrysanthemum is a real tongue twister, and i've always had trouble pronouncing "chry-san-theh-mum". i wanted to present my struggles as one of the flower's pet peeves, which also relates to how some of my peers in school have made fun of my name. the chrysanthemum is one of the most innocent, beautiful flowers out there. however, mourners in some countries actually display chrysanthemums during funerals. so, as innocent and bright as she may seem, the chrysanthemum has her demons.

aconite: this extremely poisonous flower also goes by the names "monkshood" and "wolf's bane" (any potterheads who caught on with that reference? big hint: severus snape, harry's first potions class). she also takes pleasure in being called the "queen of poisons" due to her toxin's deadly efficiency. every part of the aconite plant is poisonous, but the most toxic parts are the roots. i illustrated aconite as extremely sadistic and with a seemingly unquenchable thirst for death.

wisteria: the wisteria plant is another poisonous plant, but not as quick-killing as aconite's poison. i've always secretly admired wisteria; it's a beautiful flower, but quite deadly at the same time.

sunflower: the sunflower is one of the brightest plants out there. it's remarkable how the sunflower always turns toward the sun, and turns to the east when the sun disappears in anticipation for its return. sunflower is just overall a very bright, bubbly flower.

snowdrop: the snowdrop is an underappreciated flower in my opinion. while flowers like the daisy and tulip have all the fame, most people never have heard of the beautiful snowdrop. the flower herself is very small and droopy, but she can still thrive in winter, when most flowers have withered and died. i think the snowdrop is fascinating because of how it's so strong despite its small size.

dahlia: the dahlia is a beautiful flower. it symbolizes dignity, inner strength, and creativity. in the victorian era, it symbolized the bond of two people in an unwavering friendship. i wanted to convey the dahlia as this strong, elegant, and dignified person who doesn't let insults and laughter get to her. it's really just what i want to be: strong and calm, even in the face of danger.

• February 18, 2021 - 10:07am (Now Viewing)

• First Name Last Name

wow i sTILL WANT to draw them so much,,,,,,, aaaaaaaaaa love this! i dont have enough time to review any of your pieces rn, but i will soon!

Also I play tennis too. Thats cool! Anyways great first part of the series too :D

• BriRiley

Re: Yes! Pinterest is the best! And thanks for the feedback! :)

HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS SO MUCH SOONER i'm out of my mind rn so can't rlly leave a very good comment but this is absolutely gorgeous! i could go on and on about these descriptions, the lil pieces of dialogue you gave all the flowers. wonderful!!

""no one can ever pronounce my name," she'll complain. "so i just force them to call me chrys."" i see you.

• AstroWriter

This piece is awesome!

• roo.writes

this piece is so amazing! i love the idea of beauty only being surface deep, and darker things lying within something usually portrayed as innocent and feminine. my favorite flower is the lotus, plus i feel like there’s a lot of room for metaphor there since they can grow in muddy water if they put down roots :) again, great piece

Re: thanks for your comment <3

"no one can ever pronounce my name," she'll complain. "so i just force them to call me chrys." LASJHFGASDJHF IS THAT A DIG AT CHRYS EYE-

• Landofstories

replying: ahhhhh thank you<3 i'm so glad you called out the potterheads in this piece as well lol

also, just saw your bio :( that's really tough. I know personally I deal with hard stuff by escaping into my writing, so it must have been excruciating to have writers block when you needed to write most <3 all my love <3

wow, this is so elegantly written, and so descriptive! Each personality fits the flower so well!! I love wisteria <3 and I wish i was more of a dahlia.
    Also, potterhead for life ;) great reference

• Jo Margaux

This is beautiful! My birth flower is chrysanthemum...

• Landofstories

FELLOW POTTERHEAD!! also i loved this piece, it's so thoughtful and ethereal!!! an absolutely stunning list<3