Peer Review by Mr. Colin E. (United States)

Writing Streak Week 4 Day 2

By: Possum The Amateur

I belong in the constant state of motion.

Running,
in the park,
in the track,
even on the tar road.

The wind, 
cooling my hot head.

Inertia making it easier.

Easier,
to move on,
from my past,
my problems,
my worries.

My heart beats fast,
but my mind's at peace.

I haven't worked out for more than 4 months. Damn, I miss the park. Thanks for reading. :)

What delighted me about this poem was the overall theme of how running in motion helps your leave the past behind. When we're moving forward, we're in such a rush that nothing seems to matter anymore. Also, the formatting, how it spirals downward in "motion" is quite clever and amusing. Very nice.

What, other than missing the park, inspired you to write this poem? Was this based on your feelings during the Corona Virus, your inner desire to move past it? What would you say you felt while writing this poem? Happy? Sad? Passionate? Creative? Any after feelings?

Hello again, Amateur Possum, it's your friendly neighborhood Senior Peer Reviewer and I very much enjoyed reviewing this piece of yours. I found it to be extremely original and clever in terms of word choice and formatting, especially with how it moved in motion to the "running" of your words. While there are some things in need of improvement, it's still really good for a first draft. I fully encourage you to keep writing and have a wonderful day!