chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

this piece was written partially in the memory of Ryo Mizoguchi, or PowapowaP. may he rest in peace.

thank you to inanutshell, Dmoral, and sunnyv for feedback. all the best for everyone that is submitting.

requiem

there is something strange about listening to a dead man's song. 

you listen to his final number first, and it feels like attending the funeral of a stranger. you mourn the man only out of obligation; you listen to his songs only out of guilt. every lyric is a tragedy no one saw until it was too late. you know you cannot save a dead man; you can only pretend his death wasn't inconsequential. so, you listen again, and you wonder how many people know it too. 

you wonder if this is what he really wanted. 

1
  • August 18, 2020 - 2:55pm (Now Viewing)

oh wow, this is chilling. i don't even have the brain cells to leave a comment here, i've never heard of ryo mizoguchi but this is about record labels releasing albums and songs after a musician has already passed away, correct? it makes me really sad to think of all the people that that's happened to and this piece is just really powerful. i'm so happy that it wasn't just taken down; i had opened up a previous version of this in a different tab to read later, and when i went back i got a 404 error message so i thought the admins had taken it down. best of luck in the contest!

YES QUEEN everyone take notes