Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
current read: the goldfinch
published writer + linguistics lover.
an aspiring novelist & a classics enthusiast.

Ugh, who knew stable boys could be SUCH snakes?!

THE STABLE BOY KNOWS AND OFFERS HER AN ULTIMATUM, TELL ME, DO YOU BELIEVE ROYALTY CAN HAVE TRUE LOVE?

9
Part 1
THE QUEEN'S LOVER, DON'T TELL THE KING YOU KNOW ABOUT HER OR YOU'LL FACE SOMETHING FAR WORSE THAN AN EXECUTION.

Part 2

For two women with drastically different appearances, Luca was in awe at the fact both of their faces matched. Their eyes widened as fear danced in them, as their lips were parted with half-finished words in them, and blood rushed to their cheeks, making them look red.

All three of them stood frozen, piecing together everything. Luca attempted to make sense of Cecilia’s confession, as Queen Caroline and her lover tried to figure out how much he heard. It was the former who moved first.

Quickly, Luca grabbed the bucket from the ground, bowed clumsily at the Queen, then rushed back toward the castle.
Cursing, Cecilia turned to Queen Carolina, her heart shattering the second she saw her face.

“This is where we part my love,” Cecilia murmured, placing a hand on her cheek. “May fate be kind to you.”

Before she could respond, Cecilia kissed the side of Queen Carolina’s cheek, then dashed off in the opposite direction of the stable boy. Unmoving, Queen Carolina listened to the soft tap of Cecilia’s feet on the stone, until it faded into silence. A single tear escaped from her eyes.

But it never made it to the ground. After wiping the tear away with her finger, Queen Carolina picked up her skirts, and hurried after Luca, praying he wasn’t too far.

She found him in the stables, leaning against one of the stalls. He was staring at the entrance but didn’t stir when Queen Caroline burst in, her hair flying all over her face.

“Luca!” She cried, stopping inching away from him.

Again, silence froze them. Only this time, Queen Caroline took Luca in, while he just stared at her with fear in his eyes.

Yes, Queen Caroline took in his warm, honey-coloured skin and large saturn eyes. She took in his grass-stained clothes, caked in mud, with horse hairs to cover and worn, faded boots. She took in his calloused hands, bruised arms, purple lines under his eyes.

She took him all in and then sighed.

“Luca,” Queen Carolina repeated, only this time, her voice was soft, gentle.

“Your majesty.” Luca bowed.

“Please, don’t tell the King. He’d kill Cecilia and you, and hurt me. Nothing good would come of telling him, please.” 

“Then let me marry Princess Alessa,” Luca said. “Give me your blessing and I won’t tell a soul.”

There was more confidence in Luca then there had ever been before. He stood straight and proud, despite his appearance. His words were blunt, raw, scraping at Queen Carolina’s skin in a way that made her shiver.

“You hold no title, you have nothing to offer, you’re a stable boy...” The excuses fell from her mouth swiftly, but it seemed to only strengthen Luca. His eyes narrowed.

“I love her,” He stated, voice even. “Just because you can’t be with your true love doesn’t mean I shouldn't be with mine.”

Rage seeped into her pores, empathy leaving her body. No longer did Queen Carolina find sympathy for the boy, instead, she only saw a snake.

“The King,” she started, smirking. “He’d never believe you.”

“I know where all the letters are hidden.”
Word Count: 551
Big thanks to black_and_red_ink & EliathRose for their reviews on the original piece (I made the edits in my notes & hopefully with published the edited version soon. Plus, it was EliathRose who convinced me to make a part 2, so thank her lol. Anyway, sorry the sequel isn't as good as the first. But hey, who's up for a part 3? Let me know below!

Feedback much appreciated!

• August 3, 2020 - 10:32pm (Now Viewing)

PART THREE PLEASEEEEEEE
    This is so good!!!!! I AM SO INVESTED!!! :)

• ava09

oh danggggg that twist ahh!! i can’t wait to meet the princess! :) also please please please do part 3 haha!!!! i love this and thank you for letting me know you posted it. <3

• black_and_red_ink

You always finish with an unexpected ending! Wow. I don't know how Princess Alessa feels about Luca. But if she loves him too, then I think the queen should allow them to marry for sure. It seems like a good deal for keeping the secret safe. Then there will be two happy couples.

• EliathRose

Yes, you wrote a Part 2! And ended it on a cliffhanger as well...
    I’m not sure if I’m supposed to like Queen Carolina anymore after all she said. I’m really curious to see how her character continues in the story. (A Part 3 would be so much fun, but only if you’re up to writing it!)

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Ahhh, what's going to happen now?! I was on the edge of my spinny-chair the entire time I was reading this and almost fell off lol. Anyway, I think a part 3 would be great -- I'd love to see what happens after this; you've done such a great job with this series!!! :)

• books4life

OMG!!!! The suspense!!! What will she do???? *gasps* What does Princess Alessa think? Maybe you could do the next part with her view, or something like that. :)