chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

general feedback very welcome. cross posted. i had a little trouble trimming it down. feedback feedback feedback.

wtw flash fiction practice one: vomit tastes sweeter than the last time

14

it tastes like bitterness and sour milk, and you should’ve known better than to expect otherwise.

you think that bravery is a learned trait. you spent the first years of your life undoing your gag reflex by drinking your own bile, and maybe that is why you’ve managed to endure everything for so long. maybe that is why it was inevitable.
your esophagus contracts. it is an ugly thing when everything spills out in a sickening squelch, gushing out in a muddy pool. again and again. 

when it ends, you are empty. strangely, you could not have been better. 

• August 6, 2020 - 3:14am (Now Viewing)

exactly what rainandsonder said: this is disturbing and yet somehow you manage to make it sound so poetic. I'm not sure whether I like it or not—but the writing is wonderful!

• dovetrees

wow, just WOW - the imagery is so vivid, i don't know how you do it so well, but this is incredible!

• naomi ling

HSHSHG only chrys can make such a yucky action so real & poignant. i mean it when i say you're one of my biggest inspirations in poetry and prose.

as for orch or trap, OKOK i had to hear the orch for myself just now and... wow i'd been missing out on a whole MASTERPIECE

• ineffable

I feel like I'm gonna throw up now but in a good way??

this is literally the most disturbing piece i've read in a long time and i spent the whole day yesterday making my way through a reading list of disturbing/horror short stories. like god your writing is always so visceral but this is a whole other level of deeply uncomfortable and i mean that as a compliment because i think that really works in your favor of what you're going for here. it says so much about the character and also draws such a reaction from the reader in such a short space of words, really excellent work!