.amelia.

listening to pop hits and classic piano pieces
with no in between

3am writer

Ravenclaw | Gemini | INTP | 4w5 
hopes for access to the Lost Cities
but none to Panem

here, but really low-key

on a hiatus...for now

trigger warning
spellings intentional (am I trying too hard? :p)

this is actually 56 words

my Translation Guide to Blending In

It's written on my wrist--the paler spot on the inside, for easy reference.
It's scrawled in red pen ink--the things I must do.

Don't join converzayshuns thou they're fun.
No streinge movements.
Never let your gard down.
Hellp others, at any expanse.
Smile.

Hopefully, I'll write them in my brain--so they won't fade away as easily.
True story.

Got mad that I was even memorising this to fit in. It's almost like I'm some eternal foreigner to society.

last tip, perhaps expand on why here, so that you can get it to the word count like

I really like the overall feel of this, and the subtle frustration laced in the undertones.
    't's written on my wrist--the paler spot on the inside, for easy reference.
    It's scrawled in red pen ink--the things I must do.'
    This is a very compelling start, it draws the reader in to find out what was written on your wrist and why. I like the detail 'paler spot', however maybe if you'd like... you could say patch or skin, to give a more intimate like. it's up to you of course and you know better than anybody what your writing should be. i think it works alright :)

'Don't join converzayshuns thou they're fun.
    No streinge movements.
    Never let your gard down.
    Hellp others, at any expanse.
    Smile.'
    this is cute, and i like the bluntness. if i were to give any tips on expanding, it would be perhaps the spelling? if not, you could give your reasons for the misspelling? just to make it a bit more clear and to give the reader a view into the authors reasons for writing them.

'Hopefully, I'll write them in my brain--so they won't fade away as easily'
    this is a short but simple ending, and i think it's cool. i would suggest removing the dashs? just to make it smoother. but that's all up to you of course.

that's my feedback, if you have any question, just ask :) wish you all the best

• karen.torgerson

Brooo I love this! Sounds like the beginning of a book that I would thoroughly enjoy. I also like how you spelled the words, it made it more interesting :)

• ElsaRee

nice work!

• Ren

Honestly, I relate to this so much. I used to be like don't do this, don't do that infront of others but now I've kinda changed but the way you wrote it, it really feels like it directly hit me. I tried way too hard to fit in to the point where I just gave up on it.

• Phia

I really love this! No, you're not trying too hard. I have actually had a similar mental list when I went somewhere new for summer camp too, and yeah, now that I look back to it that was stupid. It had stuff like, "say 'Central Park' not 'Century Park'" (which is a park located where I live) and this got very personal and random for no reason but thanks for sharing that was really great to read and recognize similar experiences!

• Lights.B (#holidayvibes)

"Hopefully, I'll write them in my brain" I love this!!