Jasmine_K

she/her. 16, i write poetry
est. sometime in 2017
currently waiting for wtw's 3rd golden age

TW: BODY IMAGE!!!

shitty poem ab how i hate my body lately

10
in heaven, they light candles / the fat slips from my arms / i am holy again / you can see my ribs when i stand still / there is no more squish when i walk / i am holy again / i am holy again / i am holy again / i will repeat this until the gap between my thighs matches the gap between my teeth / the rolls have disappeared from my back / you can no longer catch the soft flesh between your lips / i am holy again / yes / again
i've gained weight because i've not been exercising, but then when i start to exercise i feel my thighs jiggle or whatever and i immediately feel all gross? and then i don't want to exercise anymore. in conclusion can someone pls get me a new body

• August 2, 2020 - 8:25pm (Now Viewing)

• Emma H

I relate to all of this, especially the footnotes... ugh body dysmophia's such a trip too

• jun lei

hi um you really called me out with this one. but i think this is really about body image, because luv i've seen your insta and you are gorgeous. as in, i would fall so fuckin hard for you irl. beauty isn't dependent on weight, even if we're taught to believe that. you! are! beautiful!
    and if you really want to exercise (i have to because soccer tryouts and it honestly makes me feel better about what i can do), then just. listen to music? try focusing on something else? i'm not really sure, sorry, but <3

"you can no longer catch the soft flesh between your lips" ahh this was written so so well and so relatable. i don't want to overstep and i know nothing i say will be completely consoling but just know you're definitely not alone! i feel so awful sometimes looking at myself when i work out, and i always try to think about the chemical effects of prolonged negative thoughts abt ur body (which encourages me to just focus on my goals rather than my shortcomings!) that's just what i do tho, but by no means are all journeys the same. either way, i wish you luck and only the best in finding happiness, and im rooting for you at the end of that finish line! and btw your insta is so pretty and you're gorgeous luv <3

Wow. This is kinda intense! I'm praying for you. God made you perfectly and he doesn't make mistakes. Remember that you're beautiful.

• inanutshell

"i am holy again / i will repeat this until the gap between my thighs matches the gap between my teeth" wow can highly relate. i have the same thoughts as those in your footnotes whenever i exercise too, it makes me feel so icky and discourages me from exercising :(