Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
lesbian & genderfluid | christian

full of wonder

wtw parent to that one kid from the grinch
library buddies with SunV, almost flora kane, and mirkat

--

"My work is loving the world.
Here the sunflowers, there the hummingbird--
equal seekers of sweetness.
Here the quickening yeast; there the blue plums.
Here the clam deep in the speckled sand."
- "Messenger", Mary Oliver

"And I will show that nothing can happen more beautiful than death,
And I will thread a thread through my poems that time and event are compact,
And that all the things of the universe are perfect miracles, each as profound as any."
-Song of Myself (Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman)

--

Making my way through this world, trying to help as many people as I can.

I Want The Small Moments

8
I want the small things, the perfect moments. I want coffee steam on the front porch. I want white t-shirts tucked into sweatpants. I want toothbrushes lined up by the sink, an ugly couch that is somehow the most comfortable, and a matching set of dishes. I want morning smiles and late-night yawns. I want the sunrise and the sunset, your hand fitting perfectly into mine, and kitchen dance parties together. I want to argue over who's turn it was to wash dishes, and I want to laugh as we wash them together. I want flowers on the dining room table, the scent of your perfume never leaving the bathroom. I want to be happy with you.
I cannot tell you how much I want this.

• August 2, 2020 - 8:46am (Now Viewing)

awwww this is so cute and mundane and domestic! i want this, too, and i think you wrote this perfectly in the way that i could visualize everything. there's beauty in sensory and simplicity, and you wrote that so so lovely! amazing work, this was a delight to read this morning.

• ava09 (kinda hiatus ish)

me too. :) this is beautiful and it paints a lovely picture. i love both the piece and the simplistic repeating format - it made it very enjoyable to read and it's very relatable as well. <3

• birthdaycandles

That sounds so idyllic! Good writing!! :)