Paisley Blue

INFP-T
She/Her
Lesbian
Musician
Actor
Author
Dancer
Strives for kindness
Good at making goals, bad at following through
Previously known as EllaJoy
Proud member of the (unofficial) AHPU (Abnormal-Height Peoples' Union)

"I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains" -Anne Frank

--

Making my way through this world, trying to help as many people as I can.

Winter Brings Her To Me

5
    Winter was the only season we could be together. When the snow brushed the ground, light as a feather, and the wind directed it in its intimate dance, we could meet.
    White spots against light brown, like the snow dusting the ground, stood out from the trees and allowed me to find her. Her ears flicked back and forth as she listened to the world in a way I would never understand. Cold fingers and hot cheeks accompanied our meetings. My breath clouded in the air, mixing with hers until you couldn’t separate the steam. Her brown eyes were full of longing and waiting, my heart pounding and the silence deafening. Our meetings were frequent but short, until my brittle skin couldn’t bear the cold any longer. In these times, we were real.
    It was over all too soon, when the drip drip drip of the melting snow broke our sacred silence and the warm breeze hinted of spring. As the first flowers lifted their heads out from the snow, she would melt away into the mist, her eyes lingering in my mind until I couldn’t hold onto them any longer. I would wait all summer to see her again, waiting for winter when I could feel the chill that wasn’t because of the cold. I would wait until I could find her once more.
Okay so I don't know if you could really tell but this is about a human and a deer who are friends, somehow. I don't really know where this came from, I just had an image of a boy and a deer watching each other in silence. Let me know what you think!

• August 1, 2020 - 6:40pm (Now Viewing)

• dovetrees

aww i love the idea here! so, so sweet - especially with the deer? how lovely! 'when the drip drip drip of the melting snow broke our sacred silence and the warm breeze hinted of spring,' definitely my favourite line!! 'sacred silence' is so powerful, and the winter aesthetic (which always reminds me of deer) is amazing :)

• HeyThereRose

This is so cute! (:

• EliathRose

Aww, this is so precious.