Anne Blackwood

Theatre kid
Singer
Poet
Animal lover
Bookworm
Twin
Disfusive
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
Somewhat empathic
One of the Three Musketeers

Melancholic, ambiverted, XXFJ, ASE

Joined January 16, 2020

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned a friend to draw.

keepsunnyaroundfoundation.cake.org (credit: Happy Butterfly)

Dmoral calls me BW (Bubble Wrap)!

"There's something about being nostalgic for something you haven't left yet"
~ A Certain Type of Decisive

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

If you have anxiety, read these pieces.
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I am free now.

Astonishing

16

I've never been naturally humble.
Yes, you'll see me blush over compliments
And beam at the success of those I love.

But some days I want to be more...
I look at the stars littered across the sky.
Each of them shines their own beauty,
Yet sometimes I wish I was the inimitable moon.

In talent and charm, I once thought I was exceptional.
Childish mind stuffed with praise,
I dreamed of stages and brilliant lights.

I feel so much wiser now, though I'm still young.
As Amy March says, "I am of middling talent."
Better than some, but that's never enough;
Passion and hope don't equate with genius.

I try to be content with confusion;
Live my life for others in the ways I can.
But I think I'll hold onto my selfish wish.
I won't chase it or let it get in anyone's way,
I'll just keep it in my pocket and the light in my eyes.
I wrote this while watching Little Women (for the second time) (gosh it's amazing). If anyone understands the significance/allusion in the title, I will love you forever.
On another note, I've beaten my nyctophobia (read my piece Day's End to see how).

• August 1, 2020 - 10:11pm (Now Viewing)

• acrosstheuniverse28

I absolutely love this piece! It was so powerful to me, although I can't quiet figure out why. Anyways, beautiful writing!

1 day ago
  • mia_:)

aaah this is so good! also, i still need to see little women! i love the story and heard the movie was amazing. yesss i'm happy for you on the nyctophobia! you go girl! also, wow, you are so close to 200 followers! i knew you could do it!

replying: aw thank you so much.your constant support means more than you know.im so happy you liked it.and thanks for the reassurance.i just dont want all my pieces to be the same,but i guess if i enjoy writing them than its fine.and i have to write for myself...sorry im trying to reassure myself by telling you.but i still want my poems to all be different idk.i guess ill figure it out.atleast i love writing them... sorry this is such a vent

• Tushar Mandhan

replying- it was not like a hate hate but you know Jo's work was burnt and then when she realised her love, she didn't get to confess. It was more of sympathy for Jo, though I agreed to Amy that it wasn't her fault. No character is perfect.

• V-Rose

Chapter 8 of Never Really Real took me forever to get to, but here it is!

• Tushar Mandhan

2019? I loved it Jo gets married in the end...and my hate for Amy has somewhat reduced XD You know she burnt Jo' work. It is worst someone can do to a writer but 2019 version, gave her a new light....

Replying: I know that probably confused a lot of people, ha ha; I meant no offense. I've just noticed that in my area and the public schools there the girls all tend to speak with a high-pitched voice and more nasally tone, while the boys like to put a little drawl in their voices and make them sound huskier. Just something I've noticed; it's probably only applicable to my area. Similarly, I've noticed that homeschoolers in my area tend to adapt their family accents, or a combination of them, because they are most often with their families and don't bother to change their way of speech to match their friends (humans do that for some reason; I do it myself when I'm around other homeschoolers). For example, I often speak with a lazy twang and drawn-out vowels. because my Pennsylvania Deutch grandparents do, and then at other times I find myself rolling my r's like my Hispanic grandmother on my other side. I've just noticed homeschoolers tend to keep their family accents more.

replying: lol everything makes me emotional too,it can actually become a problem sometimes lol
    also thank you so much*says in fancy girl voice and makes weird thank you gestures* im actually clueless but ive learnt a few things in my teensie lifetime! (also yes i did just make up the fancy girl voice and im kinda loving it lol)

Awwwwwww tysm!! Yeeeeee~

Replying: ha, I looked it up; it's a song Jo sings, right? Now I really want to see the Broadway musical cause the summary looked cool.

I feel like I should get the reference cause I've watched both versions of "Little Women," but I guess that's not enough, heh heh. Gotta see the Broadway too sometime.
    Congrats on beating your nyctophobia!

WOW! This is a masterpiece! I love little women!!!! And nice job with your nyctophobia!

• books4life

LOVE! "Astonishing" from the Broadway musical of Little Women came up on my Spotify recommended!! I love this so much :)

• Bhavya's Treasure

Very very relatable!! Though I didn't get the allusion in the title since I've not watched little women but still I can say it's beautiful.
    The second stanza is my favourite Anne.<3

1.this piece is so beautiful and honest.
    2.i love the little women references
    3.im so happy you've beaten your nyctophobia darling<3
    4.lol i love gow you casually wrote this while watching a movie
    5.know that its completely normal to have this nagging feeling of wanting to be "more".everyone feels this,it touched my heart un a very special way.i dont know if its true or you made it up.but it makes me feel that others also feel like me sometimes.also on the bright side,if we were completely content with who we were,we wouldnt grow and there wouldnt really be anything to look forward to in life.