BlueOwl

Brazil

nolite te bastardes carborundorum

read Montaigne and Duras
listen to Brel and Aznavour
get to know Hypatia and Pythagoras

my supernova (footnotes)

22
Dancing bears, painted wings
Things I almost remember

I'd like to thank the WtW community for always being so supportive
without you, I would never have picked writing up for real
I would never have become BlueOwl, or Athene
I would've kept being [redacted], just [redacted]

And a song someone sings
Once upon a December

this is a song I love because it mentions my "birthmonth"
it makes me nostalgic about childhood
things I loved and will never have again
glinting eyes and innocence  

Someone holds me safe and warm (...)
Across my memory

yet passion burns and love aches
I haven't lost it all
I am alive and for as long as I write
I will never fall

Far away, long ago
glowing dim as an ember
things my heart used to know
once upon a December
Thank you to everyone on WtW for everything. The reviews and the support really helped me grow as a writer. I don't have the words to express how heartbreaking it is to be posting this message years before my 18th birthday, the date I actually thought I'd leave this website.

There are many ppl and pieces I would have liked to give a shoutout to, but apparently many have been removed and/or got out of here before I got the chance. So, if we interacted, through reviews or comments, even if I didn't reply, be sure that I read what you wrote and it warmed my heart to be interacting with someone who was also passionate about writing (something I don't really have irl). Really, I can't thank you enough for existing.

But everything ends. We are the living proof of such: we're made of stardust. We're made from ending yet we are a beginning. So this is my supernova: my ending, but also a new beginning.

my username is the same on Prose. (if you ever want to find me on the web)

• September 22, 2020 - 8:17am (Now Viewing)

• em wilder

oh, this is so beautiful and sorrowful and you left already so goodbye and farewell. i wish you fair winds on your journey, my friend. keep writing and being and doing. <3<3<3

• YouAreEnough

Awh. This is so sad! I know you probably already left, and I know I joined before I could interact with you, but this is such a lovely piece and wtw won't be the same without you!

• madeline3.14159

Re: awe thanks. Honestly I want to get a prose just so I can still read your writing and the writing of all the others who joined prose instead of WtW.

• JustAnotherDarling

I know I'm relatively new here, but I've seen your name pop up here and there....and I've always loved your writing! I'm sorry that you're leaving, but perhaps life just has bigger plans for you :)
    Happy writing, always <3

• Wisp

I know we haven't talked or interacted, but I've always seen you popping up on the dashboard and in my notifications. You've been an encouraging force for me when I've thought about giving up. And I've never expressed my gratitude to you, I've always just felt like an admirer from a distance to you. Now that you're leaving, I guess now's a better time than ever to express how fortunate and grateful I feel to have been able to be on WtW the same time as you. I'll see you on Prose. Happy Writing.

WTW won't be the same without your beautiful writing!! Promise to never stop writing! *holds out pinky finger* We'll miss you so much!! Can't wait to see you published one day ;) *hugs*

• (sk)eyesofocher

We'll miss you, Mellon. May your lights never die and your feet touch the stars.

• EliathRose

Good luck writing elsewhere! If I can get Prose, I’ll make sure to find you again :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Aw, no! We'll miss you a lot! <3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I have only been here a short time but I already know that you are such a talented writer and an inspiration! I will miss you and your wonderful writing so much!!! Remember that the wtw community will always believe in you and be here if you need it. :)!!! Keep being awesome!!!!!!!!

No! I can't believe you're leaving! But I get it, everyone's supernova occurs at different times. Keep writing, wherever you do!

• xXlunagirlXx

What is Prose? And I'm sorry you need to leave.. *hug*See ya on the other side, Cadet. XD Try guessing that reference

• elliem

What a beautiful piece. I had this song stuck in my head earlier today! I'm so sorry you have to leave.

Ohhhhhh my gosh... i honestly never thought that you'd leave. You're just... you've always been here (or so it seems to me) and you've always been steady when everyone else seems unsure... this breaks my heart. But there's nothing I can do.
    So go out and write and publish and make your way in the world. Lose yourself in love and find yourself in words. If you ever come back, shoot me a comment and I will strike up a conversation <3 but if that day never comes then remember that your wtw friends and fans believe in you. I can't wait to see what you do in this world. Maybe someday we'll meet again.
    Until that day, all my love. I send my best wishes with you <3
    *hugs*
    <3, Ella