outoftheblue

est. april 2020
15, old soul?
indie rock enthusiast (i'd love to hear your recommendations!)
really just a tall bean with a lot of opinions
"I am going to make it through this year, if it kills me"- the mountain goats, this year.

IMPORTANT:
Police Brutality In India Deserves Your Attention
https://bit.ly/3dBxv5r

Sign this petition to arrest the police officers involved:
http://chng.it/zJDNpxTZ

Please only review if you have feedback!

has no time for your ignorance
BLM
ACAB
that said, always up for reply chain conversations :)

"i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness" <3- chrysanthemums&ink

#giveusbackourwords

formerly anoushka1705

untitled, mis-titled

12
we travel through tunnels that reek of fleeting youth
arms outstretched, no caution to the wind, ruffles our unrestrained hair
we are born of gasoline glimmers and unspoken words that slip off
tongues, crimson tinged where remnants of peppermint & fading lime linger

there were frail, deathly teenage girls who erupt into confessions
where mentors sit opposite, they absorb every word, rolling off their tongue
and the chosen one, awash in his glory? spells don’t adorn his lips any longer
shoved away journal entries of forgotten heroes. it reeks of misunderstanding

borrowed hairties of friends that slip away, loose threads that break at the seams
it’s a ripple at first, then magnifies, expands into torrents that sweep up
your fragmented, bittersweet recollections. passing by your aunt’s bakery
and dusty handheld summers where you held each other, aglow in the light of the dusk

for these are the places you have grown up in, that will haunt you
and every new beginning /comes from some other / beginning’s end.
biscuits if you get the song reference at the end 

• July 31, 2020 - 4:17pm (Now Viewing)

• ek503

replying: thank you so much <3 your support seriously made my day :)

1 day ago
  • Landofstories

wow...this is beautiful!!!!!!!! seriously how do you think of these beautiful phrases?!?!!

ohh this is so pretty, the first stanza reminds me of the scene from "the perks of being a wallflower" where they drive through a tunnel with the top of the car down and charlie's narration goes "in that moment, i swear we were infinite." in the third stanza where it says "it’s a ripple at first, then magnifies, expands into torrents that sweep up your fragmented, bittersweet recollections" i just !! this is so infinitely gorgeous.
    also, the song reference- semisonic's "closing time." can i claim my biscuits now?

• best at procrastinating

This piece is amazing! I've reread it a few times and it never loses that feeling of forgotten magic. I especially love the second stanza.

• best at procrastinating

Replying: A possible headless Dobby figurine in your room! Such a “fun fact”! :) And we love the appreciation of the Dobby appreciation. Finn is most definitely NOT superior to Noah! The movie… uhh… well, I call myself a procrastinator for a reason. It’s our version of a Star Wars movie, but my friend writer’s block has been visiting the script for a while… Thank you so much for that comment, it really made me smile. :)

• purplepanache

ahh, this made me feel so good. brb for a more specific comment.

• .amelia.

didn't catch many XD
    But the imagery and sensory description is still amazing! :)

• elliem

Lastly, (last comment on this I promise) I saw you were looking for song recommendations in your bio? My suggestions are kind of basic, so I'm sorry if you've already heard them, but "The Walker" and "Out of my League" by Fitz and the Tantrums are good, as well as "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers and a lot of Imagine Dragons songs. Lana Del Ray has some as well. :)

• elliem

Also I LOVE this. I agree with inanutshell, those lines are just *chef's kiss*. I also love "dusty handheld summers where you held each other, aglow in the light of the dusk". You are such a talented writer and I adore this piece.

• elliem

Reply: thank you so much! :) I love the dark academia aesthetic (apart from how whitewashed it is lol i wish it was more diverse.) But I love how it connects to literature, poetry, etc. It literally made my day to know you got the vibe. <3

• spurtsofdarkness

replying: so good to be back :)

• inanutshell

hello again!! still love this, esp "we are born of gasoline glimmers and unspoken words that slip off
    tongues, crimson tinged where remnants of peppermint & fading lime linger" wooooo!