chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

guess what. so i watched a review of my favorite childhood anime, and i cried.

god, i cried.

so this is bad but there are tear stained tissues next to my bed and it was about time i summoned myself out of this abyss.

song rec: Goodbye by 2NE1

also if u know abt the anime ojamajo doremi like tell me so we can actually cry together bc that show was so so so good. ;-;. still on the verge of tears. like, on a happier note, they talked abt fricking racism in a japanese kid's show. lasdkjf;alsdkj GOD I"M STILL CRYING SLKDFJ:LSKDJ

so yeah. have fun ig. btw i'm gonna be kinda inactive. i've really lost some of my energy associated w/ this place. it's just so terribly desolate.

I WAS SO EMOTIONAL LAST NIGHT AND I STILL AM SO ASDKFHADSJK

*update: ADKSJFHALSDJFH I'M NOT LEAVING Y'ALL STOP PLANNING MY FUNERAL-

these footsteps leave us apart

15

these words cheapen under the absence of a once distinctive warmth
not ours anymore / stay this gentle, cruel memory 
i see in my dreams and expect when the 
morning dries on my face and 
it fails us /
the morning fails us. /

we breathed—always the same length of breath slowly 
weathering our chests to the same inches of rise /  
sleep took us away
we stayed this congruent expanse of /
tear-stained cheeks
spinning around God's littlest eyelash / 
staying his favorite little balancing act. /

snow stains these fragile butterfly wings
history simply unfolds 
pooling under these unworthy eyelids spilling
spilling over / 
i would've suffered for you over and over again 
this cruel curdling of our intertwined fates / if only to
cling onto these happy memories / if only 
the creases in my chest could recall you like
they used to / 
our coinciding breaths finally separate with the 
final breaths of the morning / 

see you soon, my friend / 
see you soon. / 

nothing lasts forever, my friend. if we were happy once, we will be happy again—if not together. if my mind forgets then my body will remember. if my body forgets then my mind will remember. 

look how far we've come. don't cry, my friend. 

it's time to go. 

• August 2, 2020 - 2:27am (Now Viewing)

ahh so many of these lines are just?? amazing?? "the morning dries on my face and it fails us", "spinning around God's littlest eyelash / staying his favorite little balancing act", "if only the creases in my chest could recall you like they used to / our coinciding breaths finally separate with the final breaths of the morning", and even in the footnotes, "if my mind forgets then my body will remember. if my body forgets then my mind will remember." that's just so freaking good, how do you come up with this stuff? and it's totally cool that you're taking a hiatus/semi-hiatus, trust me when i say i've taken plenty, although i will miss seeing you on the dashboard so much. love this!

Oh wow, chrys, love, this is just stunning. i put off commenting because i wanted to write you a proper long one, but tbh my energy on this place is just- you know. nonexistent at this point. you get it. will miss you here, i'm also dipping out. farewells dear, wish you all the best.

so so beautiful.you are so incredibly talented and i am always in awe kjkhhbdgehwhshjhhj
    also im so sad that youre leaving but i get it

• elliem

Oh gosh I just read this again and I realize I missed so much when I read this the first time. Are you leaving? If so, I'm sorry, but we all support you in your choice. You write this in such a beautiful way and it's hard to remember you're the age that you are (because I'm sixteen and I still can't write like this.) You are so, so talented. You're really going places, Chrys. I say that with confidence.

back to compliment-
    "sleep took us away
    we stayed this congruent expanse of /
    tear-stained cheeks
    spinning around God's littlest eyelash /" holy crap this is so effortlessly beautiful!

SHDGASJHDGKSAJD CHRYS IF YOU LEAVE EYE-

• Dmoral

oh my love, this is heartbreakingly beautiful 3

• inanutshell

I see elliem has already pointed it out but those are my fav lines as well!! the gentleness of it all speaks volumes in this lovely piece.

ahhh this reads like a wtw goodbye :( kinda get the inactivity, since the rules I've felt the same way abt wtw ... the energy's just not the same :/

• elliem

"snow stains these fragile butterfly wings
    history simply unfolds"

I LOVE THIS!! The dark academia vibes are real. It's late and I can't properly comment but I love this and I'll leave a better comment tomorrow. Wonderful work as always <3