elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie

Reading over this really makes me want to grab a glass of raspberry lemonade.

summer in '15

10
    summer in '12 / of scratching old mosquito bites / and licking popsicle juice off my fingers / of soccer in the heat / even when we didn't like it / of swimming after dusk / in phosphorescence bright enough to hurt / and drowning in a heat so thick / i felt it in my veins /

summer in '13 / of water balloon fights / and ignoring the perspiration dotting my brow / of lemonade and ice-water running through my bloodstream /  of reading in the shade of the arbutus tree / of wind whipping back my hair / in the back of the truck / because that was our favourite spot / of pretending away the impending school year / wishing for one more week of vacation / just one more week / please /

summer in '14 / in the treehouse / slowly becoming smaller / though, really, that was just us growing up / of picking slivers from my hands / and screaming on the tube / salt spray brushing my cheeks / pulling at my hair / taking my breath away / of the old rope swing / the strands coming apart like dust under my fingers / but ignoring it / because remembering time is tiresome / and forgetting is an easy escape /

summer in '15 / of first crushes / and cheeks flushing redder than the heat / of sandy beaches / and heat rising in waves / tickling the sky with ivy-like fingers / of painting the sky with curious eyes / and getting lost in new adventures / both in the pages of my books / and in the language of my own life / of ocean catching my skin / of nailpolish / the smell sweet and toxic as she / of dresses fluttering in the wind / and dancing to our own melodies
I miss summer in childhood where I didn't have to worry about university or high school or auditions or my own mental health or the pandEMIC, oh my gosh. I just played, and that was the point of everything. Just to have fun. So here's that: summer childhood nostalgia. Hope you like this!

• July 31, 2020 - 12:56am (Now Viewing)

• Wicked!

Ah I adore this! "drowning in a heat so thick / i felt it in my veins," "painting the sky with curious eyes" and "because remembering time is tiresome / and forgetting is an easy escape /" are my favourite lines :)

oh the nostalgia is so strong in this! ellie, this is beautiful! ' / in the treehouse / slowly becoming smaller / though, really, that was just us growing up ' this is really relatable; how things grow smaller as we grow older, gah! i don't really know what else to say other than asdrftyughijlk; it's amazingly pretty

*incoherent babbling about the utter beauty of this*

• Dmoral

this is literally nostalgia in the form of pixie dust, thanks for sharing ! ~

oh my gosh this piece is nostalgic and beautiful and makes me miss summer and love life and uuugggh
    i love this piece so much.i think its actually one of mh favourites on write the world now.i cant express my love for it...just the picture you painted ugggh