Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.

i'm known for my long freakin' comments and highlight crazy reviews, but like seriously? life's been to crazy y'all, so bear with me, please.

___
p.s
if i call you "love" or "lovely" that's just how i talk, so don't freak out lol

go to her // this is my poem of setting you free

16

shadow tears & irony; why do i love those who only break me? and pretends and wannabes appear underneath my nail as i scratch at the futures of our being; yes, in the beginning, i thought of us as everything. so remember how i always loved you far too much then i should've, and that it's okay to let go when you're hearts still unsure. 'cause i'd be damned if i kept the locks on too long; forcing you to love me would just be signing a contract to realizing you hate me. so please, go to her; and no more running back to me. safe isn't enough - nor should it ever be - it's loving that's worth eternity, not souls full of ifs and maybes.

and here, on your way out, take these: my collection of poetries from the muses composed of our (temporary) being, i don't want them anymore (now that you're going to leave). even since i'm letting you go, that doesn't mean it isn't hurting me; doing the right thing isn't ever truly easy. now, just promise you'll try out a forever with her, because the one thing that'll be my biggest undoing, would be letting you go into something that never worked out - yes, that'd bury me in the grave while i was howling.
remember my piece, only best friends can break you like this? well, this is kinda like after that, but then again, completely different than expecting (also, partly fictional so). i don't know, just figured i'd reference that piece *shrugs*.
also, i am going to make a poem called "shadow tears" because i have a feeling it's a great muse!

feedback much appreciated --- tell me your favourite lines!

• August 15, 2020 - 11:26am (Now Viewing)

• kealoha

'and here, on your way out, take these: my collection of poetries from the muses composed of our (temporary) being, i don't want them anymore (now that you're going to leave). ' Wow, this is absolutely stunning.

agree with every previous comment, this is so poignant and sort of a sad in a resigned way, that melancholy experience of having to part ways with someone, and you know it's for the best but it's still a little crushing. and this poem captures that so well, "doing the right thing isn't ever truly easy." one of my favorite lines was, "and here, on your way out, take these: my collection of poetries from the muses composed of our (temporary) being" like it's just so, agh, it perfectly sums up what this poem is about, something being temporary but still meaningful as you part ways. excellent work!

• spurtsofdarkness

replying: omg i'm so overwhelmed.
    also this poem is so good, the way you weave in the parentheses is just a-beeyutiful

• dovetrees

reply: ohh oh my gosh thanks haha i had no idea! thank you :,)

• birthdaycandles

wow what a poignant piece of writing. i love the line “ forcing you to love me would just be signing a contract to realizing you hate me.” it really describes the realisation the writer is coming to terms with in her own heart. wonderful work!!

• dovetrees

ooh i love the mood of this piece! "that'd bury me in the grave while i was howling," was such a powerful line, and the emotion in this is so clear and hard hitting!
    also, thank you for reviewing! the only problem is that i don't think i've received it? perhaps there was an error? i'm sorry about this!!

• inanutshell

im back! :) oh man.... the rhymes throughout the piece have such a strong impact, this reads like a heartbreak song. "so please, go to her; and no more running back to me" is such a simple and emotionally-charged line, and followed up with " safe isn't enough - nor should it ever be - it's loving that's worth eternity, not souls full of ifs and maybes." made my heart hurt (but in a good way).

also: "on your way out, take these: my collection of poetries from the muses composed of our (temporary) being, i don't want them anymore (now that you're going to leave)" this is such a raw and honest confession that shows so much pain, but also the persona's acceptance of hard truths. an amazing exploration of the "setting you free" part of the title, love this!!! <3

• inanutshell

will be back to do a proper comment - but essentially i love this!

ack as the narrative unfolds from the very first sentence just god this is just gorgeous. i love the allusions to another person in this too. maybe i'm just dumb but i don't really much see that often in this? and just the pure raw emotion in this too, reading the footnotes i can really just tell you poured your heart into this. i've not that much time to comment rn but just ok favorite lines "so please, go to her; and no more running back to me." bc honestly that just.... is just so powered by rawness and something like introducing another person that the narrator's addressing that they might care about more than the narrator (ouch, i hope i'm not rubbing any salt here?) it was just so so powerful. runner up: "why do i love those who only break me?" might jsut be the charm of the first few lines but this just stood out so strongly to me.... aksdj;fals sorry abt the bad comment but this is just so good <333333

• bellairet

This is just all around amazing, really. You hit that emotional core incredibly well- no physical specifics, just emotional details with such descriptive language. Favorite lines, let's see:
    "so please, go to her; and no more running back to me. safe isn't enough - nor should it ever be - it's loving that's worth eternity, not souls full of ifs and maybes. " this is one that really made me feel something- idk how to describe!
    There's some good closure at the ending and the opening lines are powerful as well. One tiny little thing- there may be a typo at " so remember how i always loved you far too much then i should've" maybe "then" should be "than"?
    Anyways, great poem!