Jasmine_K

she/her. 16, i write poetry
if poems disappear they have been submitted to a mag/contest, wish me luck!
est. sometime in 2017
currently waiting for wtw's 3rd golden age

I've been obsessed with Yukika's music and the Japanese city pop genre lately, so I wanted to write something for it. This isn't my best work, but I needed to write. Feedback is appreciated!

acoustic version of cherries jubiles by yukika

9
on thursday at 9 pm i step out into the city again. and oh, how i missed this, the neon lights shivering in the cold breeze. my silk blouse getting caught on the gentle guitar strums that fill the air. even the tokyoites smile at me when i glide down the sidewalk, bathed in moonshine. somewhere down main street a jazz singer sings, her voice sweet and tasting like cherries. i have missed feeling like a part of the city. the singer hits a high note and i know i have always been a part of it (and the city has missed me, it has.)

• July 29, 2020 - 6:19pm (Now Viewing)

Like rainandsonder said, I've never heard this song, but reading this almost gives me a melody in my head. Beautiful scenery and writing!

i've never heard this song but this is such an aesthetic, i wish i could exist inside this piece forever. "the neon lights shivering in the cold breeze. my silk blouse getting caught on the gentle guitar strums that fill the air", "her voice sweet and tasting like cherries." i adore this!

firstly i'm listening to the song rn and this w/ the piece is just sdkljfa;lsdfj SO GOOD and i think this is going into my playlist to listen to for awhile. anyways wow, the piece just captures the essence of the song so so well and can i add that i read "glide down the sidewalk" just about the same time as her little chromatic slide down and it was a fricking out of body experience and sladkjfals;dk guitar and the 'jazz singer sings' YES and the part that follows just.... it's like this song in such a stunning stunning picture. listening to the song while reading was actually one of the best decisions i've ever made bc like it goes together like margarita and salt and yeah srry for the lousy comment but this is just... really fricking good.

"my silk blouse getting caught on the gentle guitar strums that fill the air" so so pretty! all the images you write are so vivid and soft snd gorgeous. big city girl vibes! also yukika is a QUEEN.