birthdaycandles

Ireland

Just a 17 yr old aspiring to be something like a living, walking (and writing) hug.

"In the end I think you're gonna wish you loved yourself a lot more, and craved love from everybody else a lot less."
- a song I can't remember the name of

Current reads...
- The Catcher In The Rye by JD Sallinger
- Tess Of The D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

A friendly reminder that your number of published pieces doesn’t define you as a writer. Some people work more quickly than others, and for some it takes time. Work at your own pace, you’re doing great.

Comfort in the curves of the earth

17

She rested her paintbrush between her finger and thumb.

She smiled and said, “I am connected to these hills by golden threads that will never rust.”

The mountains before her were crowned with silver halos of mist.

Paintbrush poised, she brushed it across the canvas and whispered, “I am home.”

Sometimes, you feel more at home someplace else than at your actual home.

This was also inspired by a documentary I was watching where it showed ‘The Smokey’s’ mountains in America, they’re so beautiful.

• July 29, 2020 - 6:10pm (Now Viewing)

• ElsaRee

beautiful piece!

• an_ordinary_anomaly

This is so simple yet beautiful. Something about it vibes calmness and beauty in a distinct way.
    Replying- Thank you for your feedback! I thought about it, it helped me make some slight changes. It's my first attempt at writing flash fiction so I really need some feedback on how I can improve. Thanks for taking out time to read and comment on it! Take care! :)

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Thank you for the appreciation dear. Your username is so unique and interesting! ;)
    And yes, heartiest congratulations for being the best peer reviewer. <3

wow i love this piece so much,its so beautiful and sweet yet so simple<3

replying: aAAA DEARBHLA YOU CHANGED YOUR USERNAME!!! also thank you hehe im so so glad you picked up on it! indeed: her only link to him was that phone call, but by the end, it's just her and her unborn son now. thanks for reading!! <3 sorry i haven't been around much!

Replying- Yes it was! Aw, thank you so much for your comment! :)

• dovetrees

'The mountains before her were crowned with silver halos of mist,' how beautiful! the imagery here is just perfect and relaxing, i love it :)
    reply: thank you for your comment ah!

• happygiggles

Congrats on best peer reviewer! <3

• birthdaycandles

Thank you all for your support!! vvvv

• .amelia.

(Agreeing with Emi)
    Imagery of gold and the words 'crowned' and 'halos' has made it an ethereal place. :)
    <3

• books4life

LOVE!

Aw, this was so sweet! I love the way you made this flow so perfectly!

I love the references to gold and silver here; it makes the view she's seeing seem so precious, like treasure.