Spiral Dragon

Spiral
13
Dragon of the air
Fireballs over fashion any day
Just a gem in a cavern of treasure :)
WtW noob trying to write poetry and stuff
Playing with cliches like putty
Labels & stereotypes have a special place—in the garbage can

It’s official: Doodleninja and I are collaborating to create a world where it’s the trope way or the highway! (Note to self: need a better catchphrase)

A Giant Unicorn Appeared and It’s Eating the Jungle | Stereo Tropes Co. + Trope-ical Adventures| Part 1

12
    Alex’s face glowed with delight and pleasure as she climbed aboard the Vanessa Luxe. Joy, she always told people, was the makeup of the tourism industry. That, and a lot of lipstick. 
    Alex shook her head to clear her thoughts and went back to marveling over the swanky new ship. It was small compared to other cruises, but it was grand compared to the rickety old passenger boat that was the Lady Inkling. It even had a microphone system she could use to speak instead of shouting down the aisle like she used to.    
    Alex promptly settled herself at the microphone.  
    “Good morning, folks! I’m Alex, your tour guide, and we are going to be cruising down the Redundant River all week!”
    Alex could barely contain herself; she was so happy, but the need to contain herself soon disappeared.  
    Because just as the cruise began to move, a giant unicorn jumped into the river and began thrashing around.
      Alex could hear the passengers’ exclaims of discomfort as the cruise began swaying. She panicked and immediately went into tour guide mode.    
    “As we direct our attention to the left, we see a giant unicorn thrice this ship’s size that’s definitely NOT part of the ecosystem.”
    The passengers screamed as the unicorn jostled the boat around, so Alex did the only thing she could think of. 
    She ran out onto the deck of the cruise to confront it. 
    “As you look directly behind you, you can see that YOUR REIGN OF TERROR IS OVER!” Alex screamed at the unicorn.
    The unicorn blinked twice and handed Alex a business card. With a flick of its tail, Alex was knocked back inside the cruise. 
    Alex got back to her feet, which wasn’t easy considering how much the cruise was moving.
    She looked at the business card, which read Stereo Tropes Co. in bold letters. 
    Alex made her way to the Vanessa Luxe’s telephone booth. 
    She looked out at the unicorn, which was eating some trees.
    And gulped as she dialed the customer service number.

END OF PART ONE
What are you waiting for? Go read the masterpiece series that is Stereo Tropes Co. by Doodleninja! Unfortunately, I can’t link at the moment, but searching up Stereo Tropes Co. should do the trick. 

• July 28, 2020 - 2:27pm (Now Viewing)

yesyesyes! love this! i am drinking up this series.... also customer service number.... thinker hahaha gotta read part 2 love your writing and this collab! <3

• books4life

love!!!

• RemovedUser1

Oh, gosh this is amazing!

• Doodleninja

hello hello! I published my part!

• Doodleninja

replying: XD cool I've already started doing that!
    I'll notify you when I publish it, and then I also saw outoftheblue and Anne wanted a notification when part 2 comes out, so I can do that :)

• Doodleninja

Just wanted to ask: are there are any certain character qualities/traits you want me to make sure Alex has in my part?
    Also, I'm SUPER STOKED to write my piece XD

"The unicorn blinked twice and handed Alex a business card" ahahahahaha that is just PERFECT.
    also, could you please notify me as well, thank you, I'm TOO excited ehheehehhe :))

Lol love it :D

• Starcatcher

Yessssssssss! I love these. Now it will be twice the amazingness!

Haha I love this!! Is there any way that's not too inconvenient to you for you to notify me when you come out with each installment?

• Doodleninja

also, yeah, we do need a catchphrase; I'll work on that too ;)

• Doodleninja

YAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!! “As we direct our attention to the left, we see a giant unicorn thrice this ship’s size that’s definitely NOT part of the ecosystem.”