Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

darling,
there's a revolution every decade;
nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

(stay proud <3)

Write Free

PROMPT: Tagline Art

18
It's time the world gives up back our words and stops shoving theirs own down our throats, because there's no point in trying to live a life through us, just because they've already lived. Tell me, art comes in all forms, so why can't we paint our worlds in the form of words and try to figure things out through writing? Since most people vandalize just to get their voice heard while others start movements by word of mouth; why, does it have to be so hard to accept change and new things coming from the youth? So I'll use it as a coin, sit it on the top of my thumbnail while holding my breath; yes, they say, heads we win tails you lose. And know, this is the generation that'll flip the coin and watch it land on its side. 

'Cause darling, there's a revolution every decade; nolite te bastardes carborundorum. Perhaps it's time they accept ours, this generation stands tall in the time they try to break us down. And if you want, we can all hold hands and learn again what it means to, Write Free.
It's more than the internet, it's more than my country, it's more than our continents---it's the whole damn world trying to knock us down. Know what I mean?

• July 28, 2020 - 12:52pm (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

This is so freaking powerful and important and it just needed to be said.
    I didn't think I could fall even more in love with your writing, but this piece just made me feel a whole other wave of endorphins when it comes to your writing. The meaning in this piece is so well illustrated and I need to hang this up in my room because this is too beautiful and profound to not be shared.

• mia_:)

wowowowow!!! this is sooo important and needed and profound!!

also, thank you so much for your kind comment on my post! it made my day!!!! <3<3

• BirdofPrey

Yes, we need this.

• inanutshell

oh my im late to this piece but YES to all of it ;)

*coughs violently* but like this was actually so so strong and so so good. ;)

• EliathRose

Yes, yes, and yes! This was such a pleasure to read.

"So I'll use it as a coin, sit it on the top of my thumbnail while holding my breath; yes, they say, heads we win tails you lose. And know, this is the generation that'll flip the coin and watch it land on its side. " Nodded along to every single word. Powerful to say the least, I hope the admins don't take this down :)

• Pravartika Wankhede

abjsksksk GUOWB!!! in solidarity bruh. i hope you get away with this.