Stone of Jade

~ 16 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
#bluesourpatchkid
one half of the locket

Hi! You found my page! Just that fact means a lot <3
I mainly write fiction and short stories, but I am trying my hand at poetry, which I am LOVING! I take inspiration from the world around me <3

Read some of my work if you are so inclined! Thanks! :)

ongoing dystopian novel: Traitors and Rebels
Find the links to chapters 1-23 here:
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/206062/versions/423548

On The High Seas (continuing)
heartbreak series (finished)
Unlikely Hero (finished)

If you ever need a review don't be afraid to ask! Link it on one of my pieces and I'll get to it as soon as I can!

My friend (irl) chasing sunsets has an AMAZING series titled: A World Of Our Own.

Captured in a Jar

11
Walking in the early morning, breathing in the silence and peace of fresh beginnings. My muddied shoes scrape against the wet concrete of the sidewalk, birds chirp from their posts on flowering branches, the sounds of serenity surround me. A flash of sunlight lights up the gray sky. A rainbow bows before the parting clouds, a symbol of mercy and love. Blue sky nudges its way in; it too wants to play a part to the beauty of the morning. I stare at the colors in the sky. I wish I could capture this in a jar. 

Rocking in the creaky swinging chair on our deck. The humid summer evening gives a nostalgic peace. The comforting, familiar harmony of the crickets fill the night air. Fireflies float aimlessly above the long grass; the birds tuck their younglings under their wings. Stars begin to peek out, parting the curtain of space. The bustle of the day is over. The quiet calmness of evening has settled in. Summer nights when there is not a care in the world. I wish I could capture this in a jar. 
Hey everyone!! I had this idea and maybe you guys will like it. It is not a contest--since those are not allowed I guess--but it is a way for us writers to still connect. So this is the prompt:
 What is something you wish you could capture in a jar? 
Maybe you wish you could capture the laughter of your loved ones, or the sound of the waves at the beach. Whatever it is, write a poem that captures the senses of something you wish you could put on your shelf. 

I don't know if you guys will like this prompt but I thought I'd share it in case you did! If you do write one, please either comment the link on this piece or put #inajar in the title. You could do both--I just want to be able to read what you guys write!
Have a wonderful day!!! *small wave*

1

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Thank you for the prompt, and thank you for reading my paper!

• RemovedUser1

This is my spin on this prompt! It’s called “I’m Sitting in a Jar”

Replying- Aw thank you so much! No, it's fine!! :)

• V-Rose

This is the link for Chapter 13 of Death's Tales!

• Busssy.Beee

I love this idea so much. I'm going definitely give this a shot! :)