sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

NEW WTW USERS! I MEANT IT! TALK TO ME AND SAY HELLO PLEASE ;-;!! i only bite half the time 3 also hehe hoped y’all missed me!! maybe not missed my nonsense pieces, but. mwah mwah mwah! it’s Sunny missing wtw hours >:)

on navigating home from the absentee’s eyes

19

home holds old spoils of trophies used as cups for may’s drinking games, and if they should collect dust, who am i to beckon for polish?
there is a welcome mat before the door, weary of greeting kisses for fresh faces and young ink. i laid it down once. twice. as many times as it took to keep home warm. 

what does a quick trip from home warrant upon my return? where i feel cobwebs growing heavy under my lashes, home keeps tidy.
home still holds weekend parties, whether or not i am there to enjoy the company. home greets new people through the door everyday, whether or not i am there to open the door.
home carries on: home has a fireplace. i wonder if they remember to poke the logs—i did. i used to.

through a glance through the window, i see my porcelain mug on the counter. 
an old thing, my favorite mug, but in my absence, its contents have been cared for, pristine and glistening:
yet i cannot help but notice that the liquid that fills it is foreign to me—the familiar and the unfamiliar unknowingly toy with me.
did i run from home, or did home try to tell me that it will never stay stationary?
when i left, who was i to assume that home would spill tears over its floors for me?

and if i told home that i’d pack my things to never return: would home bother to keep me in its memories? (or would my bedroom lose my essence, and would home let it be?)

so selfishly, i ask those that have called home as i do, too
when i knock on that door, stand on that mat, would you come to greet me?
i cannot feel home without a “welcome,” as ironic as it may seem.
-hello newbies of wtw! if i haven’t greeted you or given you a proper welcome, this is my apology! (and if you’d like, introduce yourself in the comments! ^-^). i’ve been inactive (and have been on Prose) as soon as things went down, so it’s safe to say that i’m not 100% in the loop. but still: i hope we can interact/you’ll at least know i exist a little? hehe
-the piece is about returning to a home that i’ve left for a bit, but has still been lively in my absence, and feeling like all my furniture and everything is unfamiliar (aka: Wtw!) in a sort of longing way. i hope i can return and get to know these rooms again.
-and with that, cuing my infamous Horridly Absurd comments: how do we know that i’m just a formerly very active user? is there a possibility that sunnyv is just...cake? who’s to say! really.

• July 25, 2020 - 11:29pm (Now Viewing)

• inanutshell

hello! i'm very late to this but back after a crazy week! July certainly has brought along so many new wtwers (think maybe it's bc of the letter-writing contest) but i'm glad to see so many new writers & ofc glad to see you still writing. this metaphor of home made me low-key emotional, our community's really changed but i'd like to think our foundations are still strong, made up of pieces like this - "did i run from home, or did home try to tell me that it will never stay stationary?"

• Century Friend

Replying: Thank you! Again, I really do appreciate it!

• Century Friend

Replying: Thanks so much for your comment! And thanks for letting me know about replying – I'm still pretty new to WtW so I really appreciate it :)

• HelpMe512

The End is Now part four is up!

Replying: Yeah I'm so proud of Happy Butterfly for coming up with that haha

• EliathRose

Replying: Oh my goodness, yes, I did! I'll go fix that right now. Nice catch!

• youknowme

replying: oh we didn't actually know each other back then, i was on and off for a long time, so :)

I have dearly missed you! I love your writing, and you describe this feeling perfectly. Welcome back!

"may’s drinking games" yes, new wtw-ers. that was, in fact, what we were doing in may. but like can i just say that ;-; yeah it just kinda feels different around here now. "very active user" no you're just cake ;3333 but anyways this piece is just wonderfully cozy and a little sorrowful at the same time. that a home you once cherished has now become so foreign to you and "home greets new people through the door everyday, whether or not i am there to open the door." yeah. kinda just hit there. actually, this whole piece is just a wonderful representation a before and after of the guidelines, and yeah, i do miss it just a little ;-;. i love this piece in all it's glory, will reread. <333333

• EdilMayHampsen

This prose has such a brilliant flow to it. I read out loud and it just felt right to say. I love the way home is personified throughout in a way that isn't necessarily positive. Very powerful

also picture me dancing,singing "sunny's publishing"

oh gosh I love this so much and I love you like your footnotes? I dont even care what anyone says but you're like the funniest person on wtw okay? good,also I will contribute a slice of cake to the "keepsunnyaroundfoundation.cake.org" yes I just made that up, am I secretly proud of it ? yes ssh!

But watch out: I'll keep superglue in my back pocket.

Replying: Okay good. *hands you cake*

awww sunny I adore the way you've written this and I have to agree- July has brought quite a lot of new, very talented wtwers here.

Ah, I love this and you!! That's it, I'm not letting you leave. I'll stick you to the screen with superglue if that's what it takes. Then when your mom asks why you're always glued to your electronics, you can just blame me and then eat some cake that I've digitally handed you as a reward for staying.

• dovetrees

firstly, i adore the tone in this piece, it reminds me of that dutch word that describes cosy or home or something like that... i can't even choose my favourite line because they're all so well crafted!

(also watch out i've seen candles that look like food floating around... or are they cakes that look like candles that look like food that look like cake?)

• EliathRose

This is exactly how I felt with WtW when I left for a bit (although I did leave for a shorter amount of time). This is so beautiful and lovely, and I’ll have to read it again when I can concentrate on it better.