KBridget

-16 years old
-Pansexual/Poly
-They/Them
-My life is just one big panic attack
-Real name is Kayla

"When you make the effort to speak someone else's language, even if it's just basic phrases here and there, you are saying to them, 'I understand that you have a culture and identity that exists beyond me. I see you as a human being” -Trevor Noah

"One page of the Bible isn't worth a life" -Wrabel

"If your religion requires you to hate someone; you need a new religion.”- Ricky Gervais

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing." - also Ricky Gervais

“Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack.” -Suzanne Collins

Remi

9
I looked at the stranger with my name, dressed in nauseating hunger that radiated out of it's bones. Turning, I stepped up on my scale and watched the numbers climb.
    110...114...120
     I closed my eyes. Please stop. Defeat ran it's icy fingers over my body, gripping my heart in a constricting bind. I pried my eyes open and willed myself to look at the final read.
    127.4

A sickened feeling tore at my stomach, winding it's way through every inch of my body, weakening my limbs and crying out for the food it's been deprived of for over a week. I took a step back, fighting down the biting agony ravaging me. I had to do this. I had to get this weight off. I tried to walk, My legs felt numb. My knees buckled and i became light-headed. Taking a single step, I stumbled forward, tripping over something I couldn't see. I fell to the ground, the carpet rough on my skin. It seemed like a dream, all distorted and blurred. Straining to keep my eyes open was useless; hunger had claimed my body. I closed my eyes and let myself go.

~~~~

The steady beep of a heart monitor stirred me. My eyelids were heavy, and the white overhead lights didn't ease opening them. I stared over at my brother who was immersed in conversation with a man in purple scrubs across the room. The conversation was fuzzy, but I'd been able to make out my name. The conversation became clearer as time passed.
    "Remi should be just fine. We gave him a nutrient drip and later we'll administer appetite supplements to get him eating again."
    The man tossed a glance my way and smiled wide noticing I was awake. My brother reeled around, stalking over to my bedside as if I were an mirage. Ready to disappear into nothingness were he to come too close. Finally, he sat with a foot tucked away under his knee at the side of my bed. He gripped my hand and shifted so his bent leg was under my head. I closed my eyes and rested, letting him pet my hair and chase away all of my pain, just as he'd always done. 

• August 27, 2020 - 8:37pm (Now Viewing)

• Cici'sTimes

Such a touching piece. It sums up the struggles of body image and health

• Bonnie Park

wow! I really loved this. So heartfelt and powerful

Yikes, this hit close to home... beautifully written and so powerful. I love it!

• Landofstories

would you like me to review this? honestly if there is a piece without reviews that you'd like me to take a look specifically i would. is there a specific piece you have in mind?