And_The_Stars_Laughed

"half of me is ocean. half of me is sky."

Yeah, so I don't really know what this is. My imagination is crazy I guess, I kinda tried to "write subconsciously." Anyways, let me know what you think. :)

Decomposition

12

Monday sees Mangoes in her Dreams.

Swollen, Ripe, Too-Many, Too-Much
she says. Sweet, Plump, Soft As Tar In The Summer,
she says. Mangoes, she says, Bloated Things;
Broken Things.

Monday sees Mangoes in her Dreams.

She sees them when Ma plants the geraniums in July
& spades the earth. Skewers it. Spears it. Spills pools
of molten dirt to dribble over the flower box -- sweet juice,
sticky juice. Mushy like overripe Mangoes. 

Monday sees Mangoes in her Dreams.

They splatter her in her sleep & blister the stagnant air,
leech the cicadas songs with sap; drown them. The sterile
hills fill with fruit, sluice through Ma’s geraniums & twist 
& turn & flood & jerk her awake. Awake, Awake. 

Monday hides from The Mangoes. 

Sometimes they writhe through the crevices in
her sneakers & she sees them in clear day -- brisk dawn. 
Monday, they tell her, Don’t Run, We’re Just Same:
Left In The Sun Long Enough, 

& We’ll Soften 

& Crinkle 

& Rot. 

• July 23, 2020 - 11:23am (Now Viewing)

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Even if it is cliche, it's still good advice :). I and my friend Kit-Kat Sully are applying, and I'm super excited! Thanks! And, thanks for wishing us luck!

Yes, that song Nobody is amazing! I love how it's God-centered and not me-centered. Have you heard the song, "Greater," by MercyMe? Or, "Only Jesus," by Casting Crowns? Those are also one of my favorite songs and has really good lyrics. The other lyrics in my bio is from a new song I heard called, "Believer."

• RemovedUser1

Wow, wow, wow. I never knew that Mangoes could be so gross! This is amazing!
    Also, I have a question:). I want to apply to be a Community Ambassador, and seeing as you are one, do you have any tips on the best way to apply? I’m going to ask my parents to help, of course, but I was wondering if you have any tips:).

• Dmoral

woah.

This is breathtaking. I am so amazed by this! It is beautifully written and so gross at the same time. How?!

ugh this is gorgeous! your language is just so clever, “molten dirt” and “soft as tar in the summer” and “They splatter her in her sleep & blister the stagnant air, leech the cicadas songs with sap; drown them.”

• journal.screams (#Queenie's Halloween)

I also love the uniqueness of this piece. It has a very distinctive tone. It's so beautiful and so ugly at the same time (that's a good thing). Nice job!

• Century Friend

The imagery in this is beautiful. Also, you have such a distinct voice – I was drawn in right from first line. I just love how unique the whole piece is.