emkat0910

Hi, I'm a 17 year old from Australia, who's passionate about writing and reading :)

Please feel free to leave feedback on my work!

Hello

An elderly man and a middle aged woman are sitting at a table together, located in a small corner cafe. The woman is slowly sipping her tea as the man reads his newspaper. The woman looks at the man, sensing her presence the man looks up at the woman. 

Jack:      (putting newspaper down) Where did you come from? 

Paula:    What ever do you mean Jack, I've been sitting here this whole time.

Jack:      No, you haven't. I swear on my soul that you weren't here when I sat down. How do you know my name?

Paula:     Now Jack, there's no need to get so upset, I'm simply just enjoying this cup of rosemary tea. 

Jack:      Look, I don't know who you are and where you came from, but please leave me alone. 

Paula:     Oh but Jack, you do know of me. I'm much closer to you than you would think.

Jack:      What on earth are you talking about? I've never seen you before in my life.

Paula:     Can I tell you a story about yourself? I can prove that I know you Jack.

Jack:      (raises eyebrows skeptically) Very well. 

Paula:     Well now, let me think, you've lived for a very long time Jack, so there are a lot of stories that I could tell you.

Jack:      Please just be quick.

Paula:     (ignoring Jack) Oh yes, I've got a good one! Do you remember the day all those years ago, the day your spirited 17
              year old self attended old Mcmaugh's 18th?

Jack:     Yes, I do indeed.

Paula:    Oh wasn't that a great night for you, sitting around the warm campfire, singing tunes into the dark night. Everybody
             cheering you on. You felt like the king of the world.

Jack:     How do you know al-

Paula:   (cutting Jack off) And do you remember a certain girl Jack? A girl with dark chocolate hair and eyes, the opposite of
            your vibrant baby blue ones.

Jack:    Yes (pauses) I remember her well, she was the first girl I fell in love with. 

Paula:   Yes Jack, she was, but you left her didn't you? After that night when you made love, you left her all alone, didn't you
            Jack?

Jack:    Yes, I did (pauses) but I had no choice! I (pauses) didn't know what to do. 

Paula:   No, you really didn't have a clue, but that doesn't cover up the fact that you were still a coward.

Jack:    (shakes his head in confusion) Listen, how do you know all of this, who the hell are you?  

The woman holds her hand out towards Jack and there is a short moment of silence, the woman finally speaks. 

Paula:   Hello, my name is Paula and it's nice to finally meet you father. 

• August 23, 2016 - 11:40pm (Now Viewing)