The Campbell's Kid

A Tired But Happy INFP
Procrastinating Writer and Author
Something Of An Ambiverted Mushroom Boy
Young Artist With A Focus On Animation And Character Design
Always An Ally And Hopeless Romantic
Supportive Dad Vibes
Stay Soupy <3

I saw a video saying that we should normalize straight guys wearing crop tops. I thought it was really cool, so I wanted to see how I would look in one. I didn't realize how skinny I was, and thus, here's a poem about disliking my body :<

It's kinda rough but I really just wanted to vent
If you have any feedback, be sure to leave it in the comments!

I Tried To Wear A Crop Top (A Poem For The First Time I Hated My Body)

13
A video screen taught me
that crop tops don’t tie into sexuality
So I stared into the mirror
And cut off the bottom of my shirt
As fabric flew away 
I could almost feel my heart dissolve
I was built of skinny bones
And protruding ribs left me hurt 

It isn’t supposed to be like this
I’m supposed to be happy being who I am 
I know that face on the wall is me
But why does it have to be? Why...
I’ve never hated my body before
But now I’m filled with cold insecurities 
So I'll sew my shirt back together 
And hide behind a baggy lie

• July 21, 2020 - 8:47pm (Now Viewing)

• amazing grace

it's your turn for the story chain. you can find the first 5 chpts under spies.

• Dmoral

awwwwww *clutches heart*
    i remember wearing my first crop top & hating how i looked. i thought i was fAT. and my friends said no and my besties said i wasn't and my boyfriends said no and i knew i was. but that's the thing, it's about how YOU see YOURSELF not how others see you.

and it took a couple of months i'll be honest, before i actually wore a crop top in public. but that was a process. but at one point you'll be ready, and you'll feel nervous when you are, but great after the fact.

soon you could even be on tube tops ! kidding lol, one step at a time and only do what makes you comfortable. but yeah, best of wishes and i know my words don't mean much since i'm not YOU nor are we like good friends, but i do mean them.

• abi's pov

aw this is so relatable. loving oneself is such a big challenge, sadly and I'm so sorry that you feel this way..... outoftheblue said it best imo. always remember that you are so worthy and so beautiful. (societal beauty standards are a load of bull anyway, hun, wear what you want and wear what makes you happy) I'm sure that you looked and, if you choose to wear crop tops, will look absolutely phenomenal. :)

self-love is a journey, my friend. and as everyone has said before me, I'm sure you wore the heck out of that crop-top! <3

Oh buddy I'm sorry. I understand this feeling. But I know that even though it's hard to believe, you do look great. Skinny is okay, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your weight. Plus you get to hide rocks beneath your ribcage (oddly specific but do you remember that?) lol. <3

• Lights.B (#holidayvibes)

"So I'll sew my shirt back together
    And hide behind a baggy lie"
    I love these two lines! You probably looked so cool wearing that crop top! :)

• HelpMe512

I've been there. It sucks, but I have no doubt in my mind that you are beautiful, inside and out, no matter what you wear or how you look in it. I know it's so hard to actually like how you look, but it honestly doesn't matter. however skinny you are, i bet you rock that crop top!

• purplepanache

/So I'll sew my shirt back together And hide behind a baggy lie/
    man, that hit hard. i felt it in my guts.