chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

i don't think i've ever woken up and actually felt energized. just restless, like i ran a marathon while i was sleeping or smth.

WRITER'S BLOCK WEEEEEE-

not to proud but it was all i could write. btw this person ain't dead; the title is just a metaphor so asfdkjahdslk get these bugs off my back-

she sleeps like the dead

19

sleep— 
splits writhing body into two pieces
strangles the upper half and 
injects the bottom half with the throes of static grief. 
toothpicks skewered through the eye of the widower spider
pure souls butchered and sold at nighttime hells 
wrought from a stolen frankenstein limb.
torso jerking, flirting with the psychotic blood cell
jaw stuffed with diabolic noises—reddened lips stretched around 
stolen mourning robes, defiles the white cloth with 
wine glass nightmares.  
it rushes, paralyzes, and finally
integrates. 

condensation lingers above the eyelash 
brushes off last night's pompeii's screams and broken spines. 
you wake up like this 
neck snapped and heavy with the weight of the sun balanced on a sweaty nape
legs pulled taut like rubber bands 
plasticity burned onto strained thigh gaps and ringing ears. 
peeled, skinned, soaked with the restless of a dream—
bent body stretched into consciousness. 
torture rack bedframe does not let go of the exhausted 
shuffling phalanges—
antiseptic seeps through crinkled bedsheets and 
curses reality. 

• July 24, 2020 - 2:38am (Now Viewing)

• dovetrees

the description in this piece is amazing! the words are laced together so beautifully that i an just left in awe! 'pure souls butchered and sold at nighttime hells
    wrought from a stolen frankenstein limb.' just, amazing! i really do get mary shelley vibes, because this is just so powerful and filled with raw emotion, it's truly a work of art!

• Dmoral

crap, everytime i come on here i see you repost this and/or someone like this and i'm like "okay, let me comment my famous freakin' long comments real quick about how much i love this" and then i completely forget and hate myself when i remember because by then i have go to work or do chores. UGH. and so now you already have these amazing comments and i'll just be reiterating everything and that's annoying and honestly, i don't even have critiques so i can't say anything about that either. so, beautiful piece? sorry, that's lame. sadly though, that's all i got at the time being. definitely going to make it up by commenting on your next amazing piece (which will be whatever you publish next)!

sorry, this comment is kinda ~~~~ so, as my bestie Ursa once said, "deleting is for the weak"

“ condensation lingers above the eyelash
    brushes off last night's pompeii's screams and broken spines. ” yeahhhh man. as an insomniac i was like yeah! yeah man! this whole time! that’s the theme of this piece. yeah ,an. anyway i totally agree with rainandsonder: this piece just seems so *difficult*. like it was put through the ringer and squeezed until pure perfection came of it. yesss dude? yes!

ahh i feel this piece so hard, how do you even write like this?? how does your brain just make the words do the things like that?? completely unacceptable that stuff this good is allowed to exist. quick aside, have you ever written horror? your poetry is so visceral, i could see you as a fantastic horror writer.

• elliem

Chrys!! You always have the ability to lure me in with your pieces and then leave me feeling terrified yet utterly captivated by your writing, which is always so dark and gorgeous and GAH I love it. It makes me think the person talked about in this piece is being exorcised or something.

"condensation lingers above the eyelash
    brushes off last night's pompeii's screams and broken spines. "

^^This line is so powerful. Wow. I love the allusion too. Wonderful job again, Chrys! <3

P.S. LOVE YOUR MESSAGE TO READERS AHAHA

• Smruti Swarupa Mahapatra

GOSH!!! It is so good.... I don't know what else to say. I am just speechless. The first line itself just felt like dragging me towards to writing. I could definitely say, it is worth of as much attention it can get.

• The Midnight One

Wow even with writers block you've done it again, spine-chilling, spellbinding stuff.

"hells
    torso jerking, flirting with the psychotic blood cell" yeah chrys just go ahead and stun us all with how fucking stunningly you write even when you're in writer's block why don't youu~

• inanutshell

wow this piece "splits writhing body into two pieces/strangles the upper half and/injects the bottom half with the throes of static grief" & "you wake up like this/neck snapped and heavy with the weight of the sun balanced on a sweaty nape" always love your bone-chilling writing style - you write about dead things so beautifully :))

also same @ your message to readers - sleep rarely brings any actual rest. also going through a bit of a writer's block so i feel you :"((

• olivia.buckle

wow! this has left me speechless - it is so powerful!