dovetrees

"ad astra per aspera."
16
baking, swimming, & doctor who and history enthusiast
infj, hufflepuff, est. july 2020

"one day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again."
weekly must-reads! (every sunday):

my dear starprince,

17

when i try to describe your beauty, your smile, your kind everloving heart, i find that words only begin to scratch the surface of my love for you. you are too amazing, too much of a wonder for any language to describe. with every second of the day that i am with you, every gesture that i see, every word you utter, i realise more and more how lucky i am to know someone like you. 
when i'm alone and lonely, it is the thought of you that brings me back to life. 
how can i tell you how you make me feel when i am breathless? 
how can i measure my love for you when that love compares to nothing else, and when that love exceeds all categories and expectations? 
no words can express these realities. no words can express my love for you because you are indescribable, and my love for you is immeasurable.
you are like dandelion fairies floating in the wind, honest and free, twirling and dipping; allowing the friendly gusts to guide you.

i will always love and be grateful to you. thank you for helping me smile, thank you for making me laugh. i know for sure that i will love you always. you mean so much to me. i would rather spend one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.
(ignore: 131018) quick hello again! a piece i wrote on a whim to remind you of me hahaha :) enjoy <3

• bellairet

This one feels so pure :)
    It's like you said, "when i try to describe your beauty, your smile, your kind everloving heart, i find that words only begin to scratch the surface of my love for you." I suppose that's why writing is an art form! Wonderful as always.

• Dmoral

with your pieces, i feel like i'm always late to the party, but i love the content nonetheless ~

• Wisp

Coming to steal my heart again dovetrees? I see what you're doing ;) ah well, it's not like I'm stopping you. So steal my heart, and I'd willingly comply. And this piece, gosh dovetrees, I am in love with this. You make it sound as if it's addressed to a lover, but as I continue to read it, it's as if it's more for a friend or someone who has supported you along the way. It's like that secret you tuck away in your heart. And that line, "you are like dandelion fairies floating in the wind, honest and free, twirling and dipping; allowing the friendly gusts to guide you." Gosh that line. I could just revel in it for all eternity and still be content. Your pieces put a smile on my face and I could not be more ecstatic about it.
    Replying: Hello hello hello! You are so sweet! Just too much for me to put into words. One of these days I'm going to be so full of myself, and I'd have you to blame, haha. But seriously, you are just so kind and so genuine and just I can't express my adoration for you in just mere words.

• Landofstories

re: ah that's good to hear :) you too!

• Landofstories

re: thank you! do you think you'll ever come back enough to post like you used to? i miss all the prominent presences that used to be here :(

Just got the 5th wave- probly going to start it tonight :D

Ah, this is lovely

• abby.a

"how can i tell you how you make me feel when i am breathless?" I can relate to this line so much it almost hurts. This is so beautiful. It really showcases what it feels like to try and describe someone who is utterly indescribable. beautiful piece <3

• Landofstories

glad to see you publishing here again :) ahhhh this piece is so stunning. it has a tranquil, ethereal kind of feel to it if that makes sense? this is just so beautiful and sweet!! it feels like i can reach out and touch it, the love a palpable thing, so i love how your piece conveyed that!! *heart eyes*

beautiful! "no words can express these realities. no words can express my love for you because you are indescribable, and my love for you is immeasurable.
    you are like dandelion fairies floating in the wind, honest and free, twirling and dipping; allowing the friendly gusts to guide you" this really speaks to me! wow... love is such a good muse, isn't it :) really wonderful poem! It is good to read your work again! <3