dovetrees

"ad astra per aspera."
16
baking, swimming, & doctor who and history enthusiast
infj, hufflepuff, est. july 2020

"one day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again."
weekly must-reads! (every sunday):

the moonboy

22
mangata - a swedish word for the reflection of the moon on water, the sea. a shimmering road that stretches far beyond the horizon. 
a road for the moonboy to run, jump, and skip over. to trip and fall, and stand back up. the same moonboy who hops over the clouds and waves to the stars, happy and content and seemingly alone. but he's not. 
the moonboy speaks to the moon, in the language of the stars, guessing the secrets of the sun and singing the ballad of cassiopea as his voice rings out through the galaxy, admired by many, for he is the giver of joy. 
and then he walks along the road of moonlight on the sea, awaiting the sunrise and his next adventure through the stars. he says 'good day!' to the moon while they both part ways. 
until the next sunset, where he wakes with a smile. 
the world is peaceful and calm, as the moonboy wishes on jupiter's moons
for one day, he will meet the maker of his dreams. 
(ignore: 281018) hello!! it's late right now and i miss the stars, so here's this piece that looks like poetry and imagery had a game of bumper cars to the death. any feedback is golden! once again, i am so grateful for all of your kind comments! :)

• Phia

This was really interesting! Incredible description, definitely.

• RemovedUser1

Wow, this is so cool! I love how it's whimsical. Great job!
    Replying:
    Oh my gosh, thanks! That comment, like, made my day! I've never done formatting like that, and I enjoyed writing it. I'm so glad you liked it!

• bellairet

You make something so simple and easy appear so beautiful :D Every part of this is lovely- the phrases, the words themselves, the story captured in a little poetic snapshot. I can't pick a favorite line- but I do really like the middle: "the moonboy speaks to the moon, in the language of the stars, guessing the secrets of the sun and singing the ballad of cassiopea as his voice rings out through the galaxy, admired by many, for he is the giver of joy. " Love your work!

This is so pretty! I love this piece!

• BlueOwl

Replying: ahhh thank you!! I was really unsure about publishing it because it's not a theme I usually tackle. Thank you for your kind comment <3

beautiful work,breathtaking.i normally dont follow someone by reading one piece,but this piece was enough to convince me to;)

• inanutshell

moonboy seems like such a magical word, and this piece brings that out beautifully. "he walks along the road of moonlight on the sea, awaiting the sunrise and his next adventure through the stars. he says 'good day!' to the moon while they both part ways" love this so much :)))

• BlueOwl

This is so beautiful...! The images are so aesthetically pleasing! It's like we're gliding through the text, acompanying the moonboy. Amazing piece!!

• black_and_red_ink

This is beautiful. I love the whole concept of this. Great work.

• sherry171

Wow... the description here was chilling!

• Jason_claire:)

This is so good! I love in imagery and the sort of mysterious vibe it has to it.

• Dmoral

"for one day, he will meet the maker of his dreams. "
    favorite lines, and they were a beautiful, powerful closing. lovely lovely work!