Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

I feel as though this is a slightly different take then they asked for, but have at it! Please enjoy! Feedback much appreciated!
I'm obnoxiously proud of this piece for some reason, and honestly, I don't like talking about myself like this so. Conflicted feelings it seems.

Aurora Borealis

My brightest time is shown at night when all my colours are lined out for the world to see. Numerous elements make us up, only it's green and pink you come to love the most.

Green is dominant, the colour of morning grass with dew and the blur you see as the leaves sway in the spring breeze. This one means growth and energy, how one thing ends only to start again and one thing starts just to end, this is the cycle of life I'm constantly living. And yes, the sky knows this, that's why it chooses green to display the most. So when you look up in the night sky and see the painted swirls of green, remember me. Know that's how I live, growing up to see the world for all it could be and living on energy that cycles and cycles but never-ending.

Pink streaks the most, in between the slits of green, the colour of the collection of beaches in Harbour Island and the petals of a water lily as it blooms in the summer. This one means loving, compassion, and nurturing, where your cheeks flush from the sun's rays as they shine on you and the way everything from plants to animals to humans knows of the nature of loving because it's the reason behind our living, this was the first and most important thing I learned about life. The sky knows this and understands it well, so it adds pink streaks to the endless sky, decorating the pink. So when you look up in the night sky and see the beautiful hues of pink, remember me. Know that's how I live, nurturing the world whenever it needs me and the concept of loving clutched in my palm so it's forever with me.

The earth's body is composed of particles and when they dance with the sun's they're a growing charge of love between the two, so they're constantly dancing around the night sky until eternity finds it's ending. I am the particles longing for the dance of a lifetime, and I take living life to the fullest as my dance partner, because the loving their continue to grow beyond my physical existence because I am the never-ending cycle of energy and the world will always return the favour of nurturing me.

Aurora Borealis and I, we are rare, we are natural, we've been both south and north and know our way around the world, we paint our own stories in the night, stories of us are already past down in our existence and we know when we pass more will come, we are us. Brilliantly, our light shall shine.
Finished: 7/20/2020.
Aurora Borealis means "dawn of the north", and these occur in the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere, they have Aurora Australis, which means "dawn of the south".

• July 22, 2020 - 3:51pm (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

AHhh, We STAN a confident Dmoral. I see why you were obnoxiously proud of this piece, the descriptions and imagery are just divine and all around a taste of heaven. The representation of the colors green and pink are just lovely, and I love how you describe them, with green representing growth and energy and pink representing loving, compassion, and nurturing. Your take on it is lovely, and that ending paragraph:
    "Aurora Borealis and I, we are rare, we are natural, we've been both south and north and know our way around the world, we paint our own stories in the night, stories of us are already past down in our existence and we know when we pass more will come, we are us." How does a human being even create a sentence like that? Ahhh, I cannot with your writing, there is always such depth and divinity etched between the lines.

• Christy Wisdom

replying: thanks, cuz ! ;) By the way, i absolutely love how you described the cycles in the green section!

• black_and_red_ink

Beautiful piece. You deserve to be proud of it. And this was a great topic to write about for this particular prompt.

"we paint our own stories in the night, stories of us are already past down in our existence and we know when we pass more will come, we are us. Brilliantly, our light shall shine." ahh this is just stunning

Seriously you don't get the likes you deserve

• inanutshell

aww this is so beautiful. "I am the particles longing for the dance of a lifetime" is so lovely :")

Ooh, I love your interpretation of the prompt. This is beautiful in a simple, honest way, with lovely descriptions that seem down to earth even as they paint a picture of the sky and you.