dovetrees

"ad astra per aspera."
16
baking, swimming, & doctor who and history enthusiast
infj, hufflepuff, est. july 2020

a super quick piece i wrote on a whim, any feedback is welcomed!

dream it; do it

11

what is it like to dream so big but feel so small?

it is like drowning in one of king triton's whirlpools 
it is like icarus, defying the laws of nature, but flying to his demise
it is like believing anything is possible, until you are like achilles, and one flaw is fatal

but it is also like emmeline pankhurst, who was viewed as small, but she dreamed oh so big. 
it is also like hellen keller, who exceeded every expectation with flying colours
it is also like bessie coleman, who showed that dreams are achievable, even if you must bend the rules a little to be seen

• July 21, 2020 - 5:15pm (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

Oh gosh, the comparisons are just so beautifully executed. I adore the way you compared things to dreams that are so big that they make you feel small.
    Replying: You’re absolutely welcome! And a word of advice, if you are proud of your work stay proud. The pieces you write show this so dearly that it takes the piece to a whole other level. You shouldn’t let what other people say get to you because your writing is so breathtaking. And I mean that.

• birthdaycandles

It's so amazing how you've mentioned some iconic historic women in this piece. It really helped answer the question you mentioned at the beginning. Truly inspiring writing :)

(by the way, i would highly recommend reading this piece by dmoral to learn how to re-publish pieces and other tips and tricks if you haven't already- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/132307/version/254176)

i agree with outoftheblue, i love the greek mythology references and the people you used as examples, this is such a lovely piece! welcome to wtw by the way!

"but it is also like emmeline pankhurst, who was viewed as small, but she dreamed oh so big." i lovee the way you use examples throughout this piece. it's just incredibly unique!

i am loving your writing! Also...welcome to WTW! I can't wait to read more of your work!!